Hello! here you will learn how to install Android P on VirtualBox, Android P is built by Google and developed it. And Google announced this useful operating system on March 2018, Android P was only developed for Google Pixel and Essential Smartphones or for Sony Xperia, and these devices are the first devices which Pre-installed Android P on it. Now you can install that inside VirtualBox as an operating system easily because the operating system is developed. It is pretty easy to run on VirtualBox and use that as your mobile Android on Windows.
Table of Contents
What are new Features on Android P
- Indoor navigation with Wi-fi (RTT)
- Enable Indoor with GPS style tracking it determine your location
- Gesture to navigate instead of three buttons a slide is on the screen
- Dashboard, the app you used how many hours, the total number of hours you spend on a phone, How many times you unlocked your phone, How many notifications you received.
- App timer
- Do not disturb, Android P will help when you are at meeting in order to not disturb by anyone press the Do not disturb.
- Wind down, it will grayscale the screen of your mobile, and it will use the phone as a night-light mode.
- App actions, for example, when you want to install any app before installing that Android P will ask from you to install that, or when you are connecting your headphone.
- Slices will help you to use the basic applications activities outside of the app
- Lockdown It is one of the most useful features that give you more boosts to be secure
- Zoom on text, when you are writing a paragraph then it will help you to zoom on it an check that
- An easy way to take screenshots
- you can use Five Bluetooth device in one time
- HEIF image supports, the Video format of HDR V9P
How to download and install Android P
Anyhow these are the new features of Android P. which you can use that, or you can search for more information from different articles Here.
Now you need to download and install VirtualBox on your computer, after that, you need to create a Virtual Guest machine for Android P. But before that, you need to download the software, furthermore you can find the way on installation on below which help you to understand more.
How to install Ubuntu 18.04 on Virtual Box guest machine
How to install Kali Linux for android – free download
Install Android P on Oracle VM VirtualBox Windows 10
Step 1. Install Oracle VM VirtualBox on your computer
before going to install Android P. firstly download and install Oracle VM VirtualBox on your computer. and run that on Windows then create new Virtual machine for it, and follow the steps.
Step 2. When the installation of VirtualBox is complete right-click on the installed file and open when the next windows are opened there you will see the creating New VirtualBox Guest Machine.
Step 3. When you opened the New for creating a guest machine, then give a name to the machine, in case, I want to install Android P, an which is written on the below screenshot, then press Next.
Step 4. After that, select the amount of Ram for your machine, in this case, I will suggest you add 2 GB or ram for Android guest machine, then press Next.
step 5. Now here select create a virtual hard disk now, it will create Virtualbox guest machine. where your Android P image/ISO will be saved on drive C or any other drive which you have chosen that, then press Next.
#Steps for creating VDI Hard disk file type
Step 6. Select the Hard disk file type then click next, I recommended you to select VDI(VirtualBox Disk Image) because it is already select as default.
Step 7. On the below screenshot you can see that there are 2 types of storage on the physical hard disk. but I suggest you go to default settings, it can be your wish whether you will select each of them, then press Next.
Step 8. Here select the file location and size for Andriod P, as I selected 8GB for that, or you can select more than 8GB it’s optional, then press create.
Now install Android P on VirtualBox
Step 1. Once you have created the Virtual Guest machine for Android P, So you need to Add the ISO/Image file into VirtualBox for installing, then go to Setting>Storage, and select the Empty drive, now select the ISO file and insert it to disk.
Step 2. Once you inserted the Android P ISO file, then press start for Virtual machine.
Step 3. After the pressing Start button on Virtual machine, you will have another screen, select Install Android-x86 to hardDisk using arrow keys you from the keyboard you can select.
Step 3. Once you have selected Install Android-x86 to hardDisk. after that, you need to create a new partition for it, so for creating a new partition you should select create/modify partitions, then press Ok.
Step 4. This part depends on the partition of your computer. for example, the partition which you are using on the computer, if you are using Windows 10 with GPT partition you have to select the partition for Android P GPT, so if not then select MBR.
Partition the 8 GB Storage
This part is you need to configure the partition of 8GB space, once you passed the GPT option directly you will face a dark screen on the window of Virtual machine. in case, you need to use arrow keys and entering the button to confirm the partitions.
- First, you have to select New for creating a new drive
- The partition must be primary
- After that, press enter for configuring the amount of storage
- When the amount is select, then you need to boot that by selecting Bootable.
- Then select Write, for Kali Linux partition format.
- When the drive is formatted, select Quit to end the partition process
Configure other settings of Android P
Now the drive is created and partitioned correctly, Again go to Setting>Storage, then select Empty Disk then remove the ISO file of Android P, because it lets you to configure the settings easily, Then you have to select Sda1. because this drive was created before for the machine.
- Now select the ext4 for formatting the drive as Linux.
- After that, you have selected your format ext4, in this screenshot, you will see that by pressing Yes it will confirm the format using keyboard arrows select the option.
- On the previous screen, you selected sda1 format confirmation. in here you will be asked to install the boot loader. select the bootloader because without bootloader Android cannot boot. then select yes.
- In this step you will face the screen, that asking you Do you want to install / system directory as read-write, therefore, you should select No.
- After this, all reboot the Android P on VirtualBox for completing the installation
- After that, Android is a reboot. Then you will have a list on the black window. It is simply to select the first option then press enter.
That’s all about how to install Android P on VirtualBox guest machine. I hope that it helped you much to install Android P on your computer using VirtualBox. It will help to use this Software on your computer, rather than, Smartphones.