In this article, I will show you how to Dual Boot macOS High Sierra with Windows 10 on single SSD/HDD. However, we have the information about macOS High Sierra that macOS High Sierra is the fourteenth major release product of Apple Inc operating system for Macintosh computers. And After macOS Sierra macOS High Sierra was announced by WWDC in 2017 for the public. And I am curious to install macOS High Sierra on different platforms. Therefore, I took important to Dual Boot macOS High Sierra with Windows 10. And Dual boot of macOS High Sierra with Windows 10 is much fair easy on Hackintosh computers. But there are people which they don’t know the way of installation, on a separate hard drive. But it’s possible to Dual Boot macOS High Sierra with windows 10 on the same drive in place of using multiple drives.
Dual Booting of macOS High Sierra with Windows 10 is much better easy and simple on single SSD/HDD. In the current era those who are using Hackintosh computers they know everything about Clover menu of Mac computers. Clover menu is a part where we boot or Dual Boot macOS operating systems with other operating systems in single drives. The process of Dual Booting of macOS High Sierra with Windows is easy. Firstly we need to download all the requirements and after that, we create a bootable USB, then we format our drive according to recommended guides. And we have to configure BIOS settings of our computer for Windows and macOS. After that, we have to perform both macOS and Windows installation on single SSD/HDD.
How to Dual Boot macOS High Sierra with Windows 10 on single SSD/HDD
All the required files for Dual Booting of macOS High Sierra with Windows 10:
- Download macOS High Sierra dmg file final –
- Download Clover Configurator –
- OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.zip – Download
- Windows 10 ISO file – Download
- macOS High Sierra Audio, Graphic, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc… drivers – Download
- And also Download TransMac –
However, before to start the Dual booting of macOS High Sierra with Windows. We need to create a bootable USB for macOS High Sierra and Windows 10. There are different methods which have tested for creating bootable USB, therefore, in here I want to use TransMac for creating a bootable USB. And creating bootable USB for Windows one of the best way is to use the command prompt. Bellow, I will give a link also and have a description also about it.
Start creating Bootable USB Drive for macOS High Sierra & Windows 10
Step 1. Download the TransMac software from the above-given link, and install it on your Windows PC. The process of installation is easy everyone one knows that.
- After that, the installation is completed right-click on TransMac and select Run As Administrator.
- Now select the disk you want to create a bootable USB for macOS High Sierra. And right-click then select Format Disk for Mac.
- After you clicked on format disk for Mac. A warning will prompt up that this disk may contain mounted PC volumes. Formatting will overwrite them. Are you sure you want to continue? Click Yes.
- Give a name to the USB drive and click OK.
- Last warning! About to overwrite 15 GB drive, the name of the drive. Are you sure you want to continue? Click Yes.
- Now, wait until the drive should be formatted.
- The format is completed click OK
- After that, the format is completed, therefore, again select the USB drive then right-click select Restore with the disk image.
- Warning! This disk may contain mounted PC volumes. Restoring will overwrite them. Are you sure you want to continue? click yes.
- Now click on … and browse for macOS High Sierra dmg file and click OK.
- Again click Ok
- Last Warning! about to overwrite 15 GB drive. Are you sure you want to continue? click yes.
- Now, wait until the image should restore in the USB drive.
Create Bootable USB for Windows 10 using command prompt “CMD”
- Open Windows 10 start menu type Run, or Windows + R the shortcut key.
- Then on Run type cmd, and press the enter key.
- After that, cmd launched type diskpart and press the enter key.
- Then type list disk and press enter.
- Select the disk which you want to create bootable USB and press enter.
- Now type clean and press enter.
- Type Create partition primary and press enter.
- Type Format fs=ntfs quick and press enter.
- Now type Active and press enter
- Now your USB is bootable for Windows 10, type Exit, Exit.
- After that, the USB is ready, copy and paste the ISO file of Windows 10 into the USB drive.
BIOS settings for Dual Booting of macOS High Sierra and Windows 10
Before getting started to the installation of macOS High Sierra & Windows 10. We need to bring some changes in BIOS settings without the BIOS settings we are unable to install or Dual Boot the macOS High Sierra with Windows 10. Follow each step correctly to not face any problem further.
- Restart your computer, and press the BIOS settings key. And on Save & Exit select Load Optimized Defaults press enter select Yes.
- Again select Save & Exit press the enter key select Yes. Automatically your computer will restart.
- After that, your computer restarted again click the BIOS settings key. And on go to the BIOS menu select Fast boot press enter, and select disabled.
- On Windows 8/10 Features press enter and select Other OS.
- Come down to LAN PXE Boot Option ROM press enter and select disabled.
- And on Storage Boot Option Control press enter select Legacy.
- Again on Othe PCI Devices press enter and select UEFI.
- Select Peripherals tab from the menu, and on Intel platform trust technology (PTT) press enter and select disabled.
- Now on SATA and RST Configuration press enter to boot into second window menu.
- On SATA mode Selection press enter and select AHCI.
- Select Super IO Configuration and press enter.
- Select Serial Port press enter and select disabled.
- Now select USB Configuration and press enter to boot into the second window.
- Select XHCI Hand-off press the enter key and select enabled.
- Choose Chipset from tab menu, and select VT-d press enter and select disabled.
- Choose the Internal Graphics press enter and select Auto.
Dual Boot macOS High Sierra with Windows 10 – Installation
Now everything is ready we have done the basic process successfully, therefore, it’s the time to start our first installation of macOS High Sierra. Firstly, I recommend you to install macOS High Sierra because after the installation we can easily create a volume for Windows 10. And creating a volume after installation of Windows 10 for macOS High Sierra is a bit difficult.
- However, restart your computer and press boot menu key then select boot macOS High Sierra from the USB drive.
- First back to options from Clover boot manager.
- In this step, you have to type the following Args in the blank place.
-V Nvda_drv=1 Kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0
- Come down to return to clover boot manager.
- Here choose Boot OS X to install from installing macOS High Sierra and press enter key.
- Now select Boot macOS with selected options and hit the enter key.
Dual Boot macOS High Sierra with Windows 10
- However, after booting to macOS High Sierra wait for the first black screen which is full of codes. That will take some time to bypass don’t do anything.
- Now select your Language at the first screen and click continue.
- Select Disk Utility and click Continue.
- And in the next screen on the top left-handed click on Dot then select Show all devices. All the devices mean all the disk of your computer.
- After that you clicked on show all devices, the list of disks will appear, therefore, you have to select the disk where you want to install macOS High Sierra. And click on the Erase button give a name and choose the format APFS and click the Erase button.
- Now the macOS High Sierra disk is formatted successfully click on Done.
- In this step, click on Install macOS and click continue.
- To set up the installation of macOS High Sierra, click continue.
- To continue installing the software, you must agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
- Select the hard disk which you have formatted for macOS High Sierra installation and click install.
- Now macOS High Sierra will be installed on MAC HD, therefore, this process will take some time. After that, the installation is completed your computer will automatically restart.
Steps of installing macOS High Sierra on MAC HD
- Now again go back to the boot menu and boot macOS High Sierra from the USB drive.
- Now instead of selecting the Pen drive to select the hard drive.
- In this step, don’t forget to write once again Boot Args.
- Come down select return and press enter key.
- Select boot macOS from MAC HD, hard drive.
- Boot macOS High Sierra with the selected option.
- Again wait for the welcome black screen and bypass that.
- The macOS High Sierra configuration installation will take some times, therefore, after the installation is completed your computer will restart automatically.
- Again press the boot menu key and boot macOS High Sierra from the USB drive.
- Wait for the Automatic boot of macOS High Sierra from MAC HD.
- The installation of macOS High Sierra has started it will take some times, again your computer will restart after the installation.
Boot macOS High Sierra from USB pen drive
- Now Boot macOS with selected options, and also mark Verbos (-V) and it will automatically cache the memory.
- In the first welcome screen select your country and click continue.
- Select your keyboard layout and click continue.
- My computer doesn’t connect to the internet and clicks continue.
- Don’t transfer any information now and click continue.
- Agree to terms and condition and click continue.
- Create a computer account and click continue.
- On express set up, click continue.
- Wait for setting up your Mac.
Post-Installation of macOS High Sierra
Without post-installation, you are unable to use sound, graphic, ethernet-like wifi, Bluetooth on macOS High Sierra. Therefore, in post-installation, we are going to install all drivers. Follow the steps, and download all the driver’s requirements from the above-given links.
- Download Kext Utility
- Download Easy Kext Pro
- VoodoPs2 Controller – Download
- ApplePS2smartTouch (TouchPad) – Download
- Because the list of the disk is not showing, click on Finder preferences and mark all the items to appear on the desktop.
- Hard disks
- External Disks
- CDs, DVDs, and iPods
- Insert the post-installation USB drive and copy all the drivers into the desktop.
Download and install clover configurator on your computer.
- Now insert the USB drive and open Clover configurator. Then click on Mount EFI on EFI, install macOS High Sierra, then click Mount partition.
- Copy the EFI folder on your desktop.
- Open your hard disk EFI delete the EFI file from hard disk.
- Now copy the EFI which you copied from Pen drive, and paste that into the hard disk.
- Now go to Disk Utility open that, and copy the VoodooHDA.Kext into Kext Utility.
- After that, the installation is completed restart your PC.
Perform a clean installation of Windows 10
Before installing Windows 10 on single hard drive with macOS High Sierra you create a separate volume. For that check the below picture guide and don’t miss any part.
- Navigate to search spotlight on the right-handed.
- And type Disk Utility then press enter key.
- Go up to partition and click on it, now click on add partition which is (+) sign and manages the partition for Windows 10 installation. You can arrange the partition optionally whether bigger or smaller. On the partition information choose a name and the Format should be MS-DOS (FAT), then click Apply and click Partition.
- The partition and creating volume will take some time.
- Now after creating volume for Windows 10 restart your computer. And insert the USB drive of Windows 10, then press the boot menu key and boot Windows 10 from the USB drive.
- At the first step of Windows 10 installation select your language and other preferences and click Next.
- Now click Install Now.
- Enter the product key if you have, if you don’t have that then click skip.
- Mark, I accept terms and condition and click Next.
- Select Custom: Install Windows only (Advanced), because we have to create the partition for Windows 10.
- Now select the disk which you want to install Windows 10. And click format for the first installation of Windows 10 and click Next.
- Wait for the Windows 10 installation process, also it depends on your computer speed.
- After that, the installation is completed your computer will restart automatically.
- Now after the installation completed, perform all the preferences of Windows 10 for the first use.
- How to Dual Boot macOS Catalina 10.15 with Windows 10
- How to Dual Boot macOS Mojave 10.14 with Windows 10
That’s all about how to Dual Boot macOS High Sierra with Windows 10. I hope you have gotten something from the article, and if you faced any kind of problem share with us in the comment section. We will try to give a response to your suggestion and problems soon. Subscribe to our Blog with your email address and wait for our next update.