What was Released on WWDC 2023? One common way for customers to test out the newest version of macOS without needing to buy a Mac is to install macOS Sonoma on VirtualBox. A free and open-source virtualization program called VirtualBox enables users to run many operating systems on their computers. Many customers are eager to install macOS Sonoma on VirtualBox on Windows to explore its latest features since it was released.
It’s simple to install macOS Sonoma on VirtualBox, regardless of operating system—Windows, Mac, or Linux. It does, however, call for some technological know-how and meticulousness. Downloading and installing VirtualBox on your PC is the first step. You can download the macOS Sonoma ISO file and start a new virtual computer after installing VirtualBox. You can then begin the installation process and adjust the virtual machine parameters.
It’s crucial to understand that running macOS Sonoma on VirtualBox cannot replace having a Mac. Software for virtualization may operate less quickly and at a lesser quality than macOS on a real Mac. Additionally, it might be against Apple’s terms of service to use macOS on hardware that isn’t Apple. Nevertheless, if you’re in the market for a Mac, installing macOS Sonoma on VirtualBox is an excellent opportunity to experience the operating system and try out the new features.
Table of Contents
Overview of macOS Sonoma
The most recent iteration of Apple’s Mac operating system is called macOS Sonoma. It will be available in September 2023 and has several enhancements and new features. A new notification system, new widgets, and a revamped Control Center are a few of the new features. A newer, more secure, and performant version of Safari is also included with the operating system.
In addition, the Game Mode is among macOS Sonoma’s most notable updates. This mode gives customers an enhanced gaming experience by optimizing the device for gaming. It has multiple functions, such as blocking alerts, giving the game priority for system resources, and improving visual performance.
the operating system added a new version of Safari with better security and better performance. However, macOS Sonoma has not only updated with some new features but also updated with several promotions in performance and security systems. The operating system is designed to build strong security to protect user’s data and privacy beside that it is going to run much faster and more efficiently on Mac computers.
MacOS Sonoma includes many performance and security enhancements in addition to the new capabilities. The operating system has several security safeguards to safeguard user data and privacy, and it is made to operate quicker and more effectively on Mac machines.
All things considered, macOS Sonoma represents a substantial upgrade to Apple’s Mac operating system. It is intended to offer a better user experience and has a number of new features and enhancements. macOS Sonoma provides features for both power users and non-power users.
Make sure your PC satisfies the required hardware requirements before installing macOS Sonoma on VirtualBox. The following criteria must be met:
- A CPU running on 64 bits that has two cores or more
- At least 4 GB of RAM
- 20GB or more of available storage space
- A graphics card that is compatible and has at least 128MB of video memory
Before installing macOS Sonoma on VirtualBox, a number of software prerequisites must also be satisfied in addition to the hardware requirements. The following criteria must be met:
- VirtualBox software: With the help of this free and open-source virtualization program, users can run several operating systems on one computer. The Linux, Mac, and Windows operating systems can all use it. It is recommended to download and install the most recent version of VirtualBox from the official website.
- macOS Sonoma ISO file: This is the macOS Sonoma installation file. It is available for download from reliable sites like the developer website of Apple. Verifying that the ISO file is compatible with VirtualBox and is not corrupted is crucial.
- VirtualBox Extension Pack: This is an add-on package for VirtualBox that offers extra features like remote desktop protocol and support for USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices. After installing VirtualBox, download and install it.
In conclusion, make sure your machine satisfies the hardware requirements and has the required software installed before installing macOS Sonoma on VirtualBox. This software includes VirtualBox, the macOS Sonoma ISO file, and the VirtualBox Extension Pack.
Step 1 – Install VirtualBox and its Extension Pack
Users can download and install the latest version of VirtualBox from the official website. A program called the VirtualBox Extension Pack enhances the functionality of VirtualBox by adding support for USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices as well as the remote desktop protocol. VirtualBox needs to be downloaded and installed after that.
- How to Download macOS Sonoma 6k Wallpaper?
- What’s New in iOS 17? 17 New Features of iOS 17?
- How to install VMware tools in macOS Sonoma?
Steps to install VirtualBox:
Steps to Install VirtualBox Extension Pack:
- Double-click on the installer of VirtualBox Extention and click Install.
- Select I Agree to agree with the terms.
- Click OK when the VirtualBox Extension Pack is installed successfully.
Step 2. Create a macOS Sonoma virtual machine
After installing VirtualBox and its Extension Pack on your Windows computer, you can start building the virtual machine for macOS Sonoma.
- Launch the VirtualBox VM on your Windows PC and click New.
- Click on the Expert Mode option.
- Create a new virtual hard disk or use an existing one.
- Enter a name for the virtual machine such as macOS Sonoma, specify the location, and Type Mac OS X, Version, Mac OS X (64-bit).
- On the Hardware tab increase the base memory size and the processor.
- Select the maximum disk size for macOS Sonoma then specify the location.
7. Click the Finish button.
- Also searched for: How to Create macOS Sonoma ISO Image File for virtual Box and VMware
Step 3. Configure macOS Sonoma virtual machine
You can then change the virtual machine’s characteristics to suit your needs. Numerous variables, such as the number of CPU cores and audio options, are modifiable.
- Click the Settings tab to customize certain things.
Step 4. Run VirtualBox code to the Command Prompt
To install macOS Sonoma on VirtualBox, you must issue a few commands after your virtual machine has been built and configured.
3. Type cmd into the Windows Start menu, then select Run as administrator from the menu by right-clicking Command Prompt.
4. Enter each time you copy and paste the first line and the remaining commands into the Command Prompt window.
Step 5. Install macOS Sonoma on VirtualBox
At this point, before running macOS Sonoma on Windows, a clean install of the OS is necessary using VirtualBox on Windows 10/11.</p>
- After the codes flash, launch VirtualBox, choose your virtual machine, and click Start. The Apple logo will then be displayed.
Hopefully, you have install macOS Sonoma on VirtualBox on Windows successfully by following the steps above. Experiencing a Mac Operating system without spending money has another level of Joy. You can simply install macOS Sonoma on VirtualBox on Windows by just following some steps. Hope you enjoyed and installed it on your PC.