HTTP protocol, in this article I will guide the beginner of Web protocols that when a new student starting Web designing, that must know each and everything about the web protocols which gives you idea how to be a Web designer, Therefore from starting you must have the idea to be a web designer in order to not west your time, if you want to be a perfect Web designer just follow these steps or starts of Web protocols. However, I have selected this title for you, to learn something.
Web Protocols HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, DNS
What do you mean by Protocol: is a control center which is sending and receiving of messages in the network, Application Layer Protocols, Transport Layer Protocols, Internetwork Layer Protocols,
HTTP protocol (Hypertext Transfer Protocol)
Therefore, The Hypertext Transfer Protocol is the set of rules which transfers files such as Audio, Video, messages, Text, Graphic, or other multimedia files) on the world wide web as soon as users are possible to login into the web. There are some introductory about HTTP for beginners.
- Short for HyperText Transfer Protocol.
- use port 80 for data transfer.
- is a request/response protocol.
- is an application layer protocol that allows
- users of the World Wide Web to exchange information found on web pages.
- has been in use by the World-Wide Web global information since 1990.
- HTTP is a stateless protocol because the HTTP server maintains no information about the clients.
The web page or document, or simple files like photos JPEG, GIF images are sharing through this on the web.
- Web page (document) consists of objects.
- An object is a simple file, such as an HTML file, a JPEG
- image, a GIF image, a Java applet, an audio clip, etc. that is addressable by a single URL.
- Most Web pages consist of a base HTML file and several referenced objects.
Versions of HTTP protocol?
- HTTP/0.9: was the first version of HTTP.
- was a simple protocol for raw data transfer across the Internet.
- HTTP/1.0: Improved, allow that message could be in MIME-like format.
- – /1.0 could not support hierarchical proxies, caching, the need for persistent connections, or virtual hosts.
- /1.1: the latest version of HTTP and allow persistent connections.
/1.1: the latest version of HTTP and allow persistent connections.
Is an idea o giving the connection a single message or send and receive messages from, multiple HTTP connections.
- can use both persistent and non-persistent connections.
- The connection is the default mode for HTTP/1.0
- a persistent connection is the default mode for /1.1
- The server parses the request, responds to the request, and closes the connection
- It takes 2 RTTs to fetch each object from the web.
- It slows down the transfer of the complete web page.
- The persistent connection also called HTTP keep-alive or connection reuse.
- In persistent connection, HTTP uses the same TCP connection to fetch multiple objects from the web.
- Using persistent connection was a superior step in the improving performance of HTTP.
- Prior to persistent connections, a separate TCP connection was established to fetch each URL.
- increasing the load on HTTP servers and causing congestion on the Internet.
Therefore, Hypertext Transfer protocols are sending an receiving between the messages between the browsers and websites, and HTTP is a secure version.
- HTTPS(Hypertext Transfer Protocol over Secure).
- use port 443 for data transfer.
- is secure than HTTP.
- All data sent over HTTPS is encrypted before it is sent, this prevents anyone from understanding that information if intercepted.
- HTTPS is slow than HTTP and only used for transferring log-in information and sensitive data.
File transfer protocol is a standard protocol used to transfer files of the computer between a client and a server, on a computer network. and transferring the files between two computers using the server.
- FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- Is a protocol used for transferring files between hosts?
- The protocol dates back to 1971 (when the Internet was still an experiment) but remains enormously popular.
- HTTP is also a file transfer protocol. – HTTP is state-less FTP is state-full.
The Role of FTP in Web
- This protocol defines the way in which files should be transferred between hosts over TCP/IP networks.
- Using FTP
- Allowing file sharing worldwide.
- Enable efficient data transfer.
- Allow client-server file systems independence.
DNS in HTTP web protocol
- DNS( Domain Name Service).
- Internet hosts can be identified by host-name.
- Host-name is `er for humans but difficult to process by a router.
- A router uses the IP address to route data packets.
- A domain name is the sequence of labels from a node to the root, separated by dots (“.”s), read led to the right.
- a distributed database implemented in a hierarchy of name servers?
- application layer protocol uses UDP port 53.
- Provide transla4on service in order to communicate hosts.
– Translates names to addresses and vice versa.
– Canonical hostname or Host Aliasing.
– Mail server aliasing
– Load distribution
- Email, e-mail or electronic mail is the transmission of messages (emails or email messages) over electronic networks like the internet
- The ability to provide email services to clients includes two main protocols: SMTP and POP3. Together, they provide the means for sending outgoing mail and receiving incoming mail.
- IMAP also used for receiving an email.
- stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol.
- Email software is designed to use for communication purposes when sending an email, and It only works for outgoing messages.
- by default uses TCP port 25.
Mail Access Protocols
- POP3 (Post Office Protocol – Version 3) and IMAP
- (Internet Mail Access Protocol) are currently the most popular protocols used for mail access.
- IMAP use port 143 and POP3 use port 110.
- These two protocols are used to transfer mail from the recipient’s mail server to the recipient’s user
However, I introduced for web protocols and all the parts of web protocols, After that, the main and starting of beginners programming, therefore, you can learn from this article the beginners of web developing and creating, after that, if you faced any problem comment of the box I will answer your Question.