In this article, I will show you how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on VirtualBox on Windows 10. Android 8.1 Oreo is one of the most common mobile operating systems. Android released the Android 8.1 mobile operating system and now available for Nexus and Pixel devices. However, never think that it is not possible to install the Android operating system on Windows 10. Just for the installation of this OS, you need the recommended files to have a clean installation of PC. And now the Android Oreo 8.1 image is available for popular virtualization machines Hyper-V, VirtualBox, VMware Workstation. And one of the best methods is to install Android OS on Linux. In the era of Android developer, there is Android Studio to install Android OS, to have a better orientation with features. Also, you might get the update of Android Oreo because this version is older for Android.
And now the latest version of Android OS is come out which Google named the Android 10 “Q”. I am interested to write an article on different titles. Before, the Android Q, Android Pie, Oreo 8.1, Oreo 8.0, Nougat, Marshmallow, and Android Lollipop. The listed Android OS released in there on times for Android devices users. There is much reason that we install Android OS on Virtual machines on Windows PC. In case, with every Android OS, the latest Apps come out, due to that the developers decided to build something to test and install the Apps and bring out the bugs of Apps. After waiting many months for any kind of operating system we become curios to install and check the features the usability of that.
Install Android 8.1 Oreo on VirtualBox on Windows 10
However, while every OS comes out remember to test that in a Virtualization machine to be sure about bugs. There are many Virtual machines as I have nominated above. But the two most popular for developers are VirtualBox, VMware, and Android Studio. Also, these three Virtual machines are available in a free version on every platform there is no need to pay. Those who are testing the Android operating system for the first time in VirtualBox, VMware, and Android Studio. It can be the best solution and source to test Android like using Android devices. Therefore, the developers and users can create Virtual machines to install and test the related Apps of Android OS.
Android Oreo comes out with Android O code-name for Android users. However, Android Oreo is the eighth major release and the 15th Android OS, and the first released of Alpha quality developers previewed in march 2017 the beta version released on August 21, 2017, for the public. Android Oreo includes lots of amazing features like notification grouping, picture-in-picture support for video, Best performance and Optimized battery usage, which can support auto fillers, and Bluetooth 5, by the review of Android in September 2019, 27.4% of Android devices run Oreo 8.1 and Oreo 8.0.
Install Android 8.1 Oreo on VirtualBox
To install Android 8.1 Oreo on VirtualBox, VMware, and Android Studio virtualization machines are the same to install the operating system on a computer. The environment is a bit changed because we run Android on Virtualization machines as a guest operating system. Guest operating is like we run at the same time two or more than two OS in on a computer.
- Download VirtualBox, VMware, or Android Studio
- Install it on your computer
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo OS image
- Create a Virtual machine for Android Oreo
- Boot the Android Oreo
- And complete the installation of Android 8.1 Oreo
You can download the Android 8.1 Oreo installation requirement files from below given links.
Step 1: Install VirtualBox on Windows PC
The process of VirtualBox installation on Windows PC is simple. Everyone can install it, before installation you have to prepare and download the file and check the below guide.
- After that, the download completed then go to download folder double click on VirtualBox setup.
- On the welcome screen of VirtualBox click Next.
- In the custom setup screen click Next.
- In this step, if you want to create a shortcut icon check the box and click Next.
- Again click yes to install VirtualBox
- VirtualBox is ready to install then click Install.
- Once the VirtualBox is installed click Finish.
Step 2: Create a Virtual machine for Android 8.1 Oreo
- To create Virtual machine for Android 8.1 Oreo run VirtualBox and click on New or press the shortcut key CTRL+N.
- Now give a name, choose the location where you want to install Android Oreo, choose the Type Linux, and the version then clicks Next.
- Specify the Memory size and click Next.
- Choose, create a virtual hard disk now and click Next.
- Now choose the type of your file that you would like to use for new virtual hard disk, therefore, choose VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image) and click Next.
- Choose the Storage on a physical hard disk, there you have to select Dynamically allocated and click Next.
- Specify the file size and location for Android 8.1 Oreo and click Create.
Step 3: Configure the setting for Android 8.1 Oreo
Before to install Android 8.1 Oreo on VirtualBox you have to customize some important setting. Also, the setting can affect more on the performance of VirtualBox and Android 8.1 Oreo. Indeed this setting is must to perform on VirtualBox before installation.
- Select the created Virtual machine and click on the setting.
- Select the System tab on the left-handed and increase the Processor core up to 2.
- On the Acceleration menu, the Paravirtualization interface should be Default.
- Now select the Display from the left-handed tab and increase Video Memory up to 128MB.
- Select Storage to insert the Android 8.1 Oreo ISO file. Therefore, select Storage from the left-handed tab select Empty and click on the disk icon and choose the virtual optical disk file. Navigate to the folder where you have stored the ISO file select that and insert it.
- After that, the Android 8.1 Oreo ISO file inserted click OK.
Install Android 8.1 Oreo on VirtualBox on Windows 10
Now we are ready to perform a clean installation of Android 8.1 Oreo on VirtualBox on Windows. Therefore, we have done all the necessary files for the Android Oreo installation. The setting which is recommended for Android Oreo doesn’t miss any portion otherwise you will face error during installation.
- Now to run the installation of Android 8.1 Oreo on VirtualBox click on Start.
- Wait until the black screen should bypass, on the first screen scroll down and choose Advanced Options and press Enter.
- In the second screen scroll down choose Auto installation – Auto install to specified hard disk and press Enter.
- You have chosen the Auto installation, the installation will erase the whole /dev/sda and install Android-x86 to it. This is the last confirmation. Are you sure to do so? select Yes and press Enter.
- Now, Android-x86 is installed successfully therefore, you have to reboot the installation.
- Now the installation is rebooting after some seconds.
- Again navigate to setting of Android 8.1 Oreo setting, and from left-handed select Storage tab. On the Android, ISO clicks on the disk icon and Remove Disk From Virtual Drive and click OK.
- Again run the installation for that click Start.
- Choose the first option Android-x86 8.1-r2 and press Enter.
- After that, the Android 8.1 Oreo logo will appear there you have to wait for some seconds.
- Now complete the settings for the first use.
- How to Install Android 10 “Q” on Windows PC using Android Studio
- How to install Android 10 on your Smartphones
Oreo’s complete version was released in the last month of 2017 completely for Android devices. As above mentioned that in 2019 27.4% of people are using Android 8.1 Oreo on their mobile devices. Moreover, Android Oreo is developed by the eclipse and brought to many significant features and cookies on the Android operating system. We received lots of experience from using Android OS and again we will wait after Android 10 Google release which Android OS for people. However, Android OS is an operating system based on Linux and developed by Google. Also, Android x86 is an open-source project that in every environment supports x86 platforms.
However, that’s all about how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on VirtualBox on Windows 10. I hope you have gotten something from this article. If you enjoyed reading then don’t forget to share your suggestion and feedback in below comment section. And if you faced any sort of problem feel free to ask me in the comment section.