In this article, I will show you how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on VMware on Windows 10. However, you know that Android 8.1 Oreo is a mobile operating system. Therefore, you don’t desire that mobile OS should the possibility to install that in Windows 10 or any other version of Windows. Never think about this in the world of the developer while developing any software or operating system. Then they will develop a platform for that to check before installing on the main device. However, we have different kinds of platforms like VirtualBox, VMware, Android Studio, Hyper-V for installing any kind of OS operating system. Also, for the Android OS installation, I suggest you VMware, because every method you are doing in VMware is not much complicated than other Virtual machines.
Google released the first developer preview of Android that available for Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus Player, Pixel C, and both Pixel smartphones. However, Android 8.1 Oreo released in three sessions the first one released for developer preview on March 21, 2017. The second one was considered the beta quality and released on May 17, 2017. And the third one released June 8, 2017. Also, the API level is the last decision and complete version of Android 8.1 Oreo. The API level changed the Camera UI also changed the Wifi connectivity settings. Added features include theme notifications, Battery animation, Battery new icon, Dark background for Clock App, and perfect icon for Apps.
However, after doing many experiments Google finally released the last version of Android 8.1 Oreo on July 24, 2017, and also named that 4th release. Which properly worked on that and fixed bugs and optimizations. After that, for this version of the Android operating system, Google selected the name “Oreo” on August 21, 2017.
Download Android 8.1 Oreo required files
However, before installing Android 8.1 Oreo on VMware you have to download some required files which I have mentioned in below given links.
- Read Also if you don’t know how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on VirtualBox on Windows 10.
Install VMware Workstation Player on Windows PC:
The installation process of VMware is much easy everyone can install that. If the VMware virtual machine already exists on your computer, therefore, you don’t need to install that again. And if you don’t know the ways of installation then follow the below guides.
- When the VMware Workstation file is downloaded navigate to download folder.
- Now double click on the software setup.
- After that, the setup launched on the welcome screen simply click Next.
- Now agree to terms and conditions of VMware and click Next.
- On Custom setup also click Next, or you can change location.
- In User experience setting click Next.
- In the next screen if you want to create shortcut check the box and click Next.
- Now everything is ready then click on the install button.
- Wait for the installation, then click Finish.
Create a Virtual machine for Android 8.1 Oreo
I think you are familiar with this step if you have installed any kind of operating system on VMware Workstation. Now in this step, you have to create a new virtual machine for Android 8.1 Oreo. After that, follow every part of the Android 8.1 installation.
Step 1. After that, you installed VMware Workstation go ahead and open that. On the main home screen click on Create a New Virtual Machine.
Step 2. In the New virtual machine, wizard, choose Typical “Recommended” and click Next. In the Guest operating system installation menu select I will install the operating system later and click Next.
Step 3. Now select the Linux among the guest operating system for Android 8.1 Oreo and click Next. While selecting the guest operating system then there you don’t choose version automatically it will select. Now give a name the virtual machine and select the location where it should be installed and click Next.
Step 4. Now specify disk capacity I think the maximum disk size for Android 8.1 Oreo is 16GB. And select the Store virtual disk as a single file and click Next. Then click finish after this step to create the virtual machine.
Edit Android 8.1 Oreo Virtual machine
Step 5. After that, the virtual machine created click on Edit virtual machine settings. In the first step click on Memory in the left-handed and increase up to 4GB. Also, select Processors and increase the number of processors up to 2, and the number of cores per processors up to 2.
Step 6. Select New CD/DVD (IDE) and select Use ISO image file then click on Browse. After that, select the Android 8.1 Oreo image file and click open. Now select the last Display tab, and check the Accelerate 3D graphics box.
install Android 8.1 Oreo on VMware on Windows 10
Now you have done successfully all the steps, and now it is the time to install Android 8.1 Oreo on VMware on Windows. Therefore, I recommend you to focus on the installation description otherwise, you will not be able to perform the installation correctly.
- Now choose Android 8.1 Oreo created Virtual machine and click on Power on this virtual machine.
- In this step use your computer keyboard and scroll down “Advanced Options” and press enter.
- In the Advanced Options scroll down and select Auto_Installation-Auto to install to specified hard disk.
- After that, on the grey screen, you will see the Auto installation. Therefore, you have to choose Auto installation, in case the installer will erase the whole /dev/sda and install Android-x86 to it. You will see a warning also below the description that this is the last confirmation. Are you sure to do? therefore, by selecting “Yes” you will erase the hard disk for Android installation. There are no worries because you are going to install Android 8.1 Oreo on VMware Workstation as a guest. And separately you have created hard disk space for the installation, and the other files which already exist on your drive will keep safe.
- Wait for erasing hard disk it will take some time. After that, the select “Reboot” option and press enter to reboot the Android installation.
- While the system rebooted you will see another black screen there you have to press E. Indeed by pressing the E key you have to edit some essential code, move the cursor till last. And after that, remove all of them and replace this below code with.
- After that, you typed the above code press enter, then press B the Android 8.1 Oreo automatically starts the installation. Wait until the installation should complete then your Virtual machine restart.
- However, when the installation is completed then go ahead prepare Android 8.1 Oreo on VMware on Windows 10 for the first use. The preparation is simple like configuring the Android setup for the first use on any mobile device.
However, we have successfully installed Android 8.1 Oreo on VMware on Windows 10 without any error. Therefore, I hope you learned something from this article. If you liked the article then share your views suggestion and feedback below in the comment section. More if you want to hear about our latest post update than subscribe to our blog via your email address.