Hello! macOS Catalina is the major release version of the macOS operating system. Which they named that as of macOS Catalina 10.15. By the coming out macOS Catalina Apple had brought too many great changes. Which they worked and developed and added the most interesting features in the macOS Catalina 10.15 operating system. Every macOS operating system is releasing by the World Conference developer on WWDC. And also the latest version of macOS Catalina 10.15 is announced on the World developers conference 2019. Therefore, every macOS operating system that they are building. They concentrate too much on security performance, that no one can attack. And the operating system plus full PC should be secure by Cyber attacks. Every macOS operating system while releasing before that they release the developer. So that users should check that correctly on the Virtual machine. Therefore, you will learn how to install macOS on VirtualBox.
However, you know there are lots of platforms. Which you can install and test every kind of operating system. Such as VMware Workstation, VirtualBox, Hyper-V, Boot camp, Sandbox new application of Windows 10, and many more. For example, you can install Windows, Linux, macOS on Virtual machine. However, installing a different operating system on a Virtual machine can be a great experience for the user. I suggest you purchase the VMware Workstation. Because VMware is one of the best sources for Virtualization plus VirtualBox. As we are talking about a different source of Virtual machine. So, the ways of installing the operating system on the Virtual machine is separated and different.
Read the Related article about macOS Catalina:
- How to Install macOS Catalina on VMware on Windows
- How to install macOS Mojave on VMware on windows
- Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox and Windows
macOS Catalina Required Files
- VirtualBox: There as I mentioned for you that different sorts of Virtualization machine we have. Therefore, VirtualBox is one which can be the best source for installing different kinds of the operating system as a guest operating system. VirtualBox is the best Virtualization that allows you to install all operating systems easily on it.
- VirtualBox Extension Pack: While you are installing macOS operating systems. Therefore, you will face one of the most common errors on, which mouse and keyboard are not working. In this case, VirtualBox provides you a very simple Extension which is VirtualBox Extension Pack. After that, you installed the macOS operating system plus installation also install VirtualBox. Because it will resolve the mouse and keyboard error on VirtualBox. However, VirtualBox Extension Pack allows the users to use the 3.0 USB on VirtualBox. After macOS Sierra, all the later versions of macOS can be supported by USB 3.0. Install VirtualBox Extension Pack and enjoy using macOS operating system on Windows PC.
- macOS Catalina 10.15 Virtual machine image (VMDK File): If you want to use macOS Catalina for Virtualization. Therefore, you need to download the VMDK file, while you are going to download the Virtual image. I recommend you to have a fast internet connection. Therefore, the macOS Catalina file is too large which can be download with a fast internet connection. As in the previous article, also we talked about the two different files of the macOS operating system. The first one is HFS and APFS, therefore, you can install only the HFS image on VirtualBox. And APFS can’t be supported by the APFS file. The reason that I mentioned for you to use only the HFS version. You can easily update to the latest version of macOS.
- Download macOS Catalina 10.15 VirtualBox and VMware Image
- Create macOS Catalina 10.15 ISO Installer file
Install VirtualBox + install VirtualBox Extension Pack
Now you know the complete information about macOS Catalina 10.15. So, it is time to download and install VirtualBox plus VirtualBox Extension Pack. Therefore, you can download VirtualBox from its official page. There are different kinds of VirtualBox versions for the different operating systems. Download the latest version, and the process of installation is easy you can install in a few clicks.
- While you download the VirtualBox, Double click to open the Setup wizard.
- By pressing three times Next, you will reach to network warning.
- Now select Yes to ignore network warning.
- In this step, click on the Install button to install the VirtualBox files.
- While the installation is done click Finish.
- As in the above description, I mentioned for you the VirtualBox Extension Pack. Therefore, you install the Extension Pack from VirtualBox tools online. And the second one you can Download and install the VirtualBox Extension Pack from VirtualBox Website. VirtualBox Extension Pack allows fixing mouse and keyboard error. After that, you download the Extension Pack double click on setup and click on the install button.
[Ultimate Guide] Install macOS Big Sur on VirtualBox on Windows PC
Create a New Virtual Machine for macOS Catalina 10.15
Step #1. After that, you have downloaded the macOS Catalina VM image. You need to extract the file, for that, you should have the WinRaR or 7Zip on your computer. While you are extracting the file of macOS Catalina 10.15 the image size will decrease from 8 GB to 6 GB.
Step #2. To create a new virtual machine for macOS Catalina 10.15 click on New.
Step #3. Name the operating system, and select Mac OS X (64-Bit) and click Next.
Step #4. Increase the Memory Size, the recommend size for memory is 2048 MB.
Step #5. Select the third option “Use an existing virtual hard disk file”. And click on the “Yellow” folder and browse for macOS Catalina 10.15 vmdk file. When the file is selected click on insert.
Step to Edit macOS Catalina 10.15 “Settings”
Still, it is not done, therefore, for having a better performance. You need to customize the setting of macOS Catalina 10.15 Virtual machine on VirtualBox. Open VirtualBox and click on created macOS Catalina VM then click on Setting.
Step #1. Select System from Tab then uncheck the Floppy disk From “Boot order”.
Step #2. Select the “Processor” and increase the processor core.
Step #3. Select “Display” and increase the size of “Video Memory”.
Step #4. The last step from setting you to need to enable “USB”. and enable the third option USB 3.0 (XHCI) Controller.
Add codes to Command prompt to solve the error of macOS Catalina 10.15
Before going to add the codes into Command prompt close VirtualBox. After that, you closed the VirtualBox and Run CMD As Administrator. Therefore, the codes which belong to VirtualBox will solve the errors of macOS Catalina. For example, it will fix one of the most common errors which are -Cpuidset, This simple code is a simple product of Apple company. Which allows the users while installing macOS operating on VirtualBox. It will reject the errors of macOS in VirtualBox.
Now replace the “Your VM name” with the name of created Virtual machine name. And copy-paste each code into “Command prompt” by pressing “Enter”. Note: If you copied any code wrong you will face error during install. Try to focus to do the best one.
Codes for VirtualBox V6.X:
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "Your VM Name" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3" VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple" VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1
Code for VirtualBox V5.X:
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "Your Virtual Machine Name" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3" VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple" VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1
Install macOS Catalina 10.15 on VirtualBox on Windows PC
Now you are done completely with the steps of macOS 10.15 on VirtualBox. Therefore, open VirtualBox and start the installation of macOS Catalina 10.15 on VirtualBox. After that, you run the installation just follow the steps to install properly macOS Catalina 10.15 on VirtualBox.
- Open VirtualBox and click on Created Virtual machine and click on the Start button.
Step #1. While you start that in the first Window, select your language, and country.
Step #2. Read about Data & Privacy and know more about macOS Catalina 10.15
Step #3. Choose Don’t transfer any information to this Mac and click Continue.
Step #4. If you are having Apple ID account so, enter that. Then if you don’t select continue without Apple ID.
Step #5. Agree to terms and conditions and click Continue.
Step #6. Create a computer account with Full name, Account name, Password, and Hint then click Continue.
Step #7. The features and settings below will be set up for you, or you can customize the settings yourself, and click Continue if you don’t want to customize for settings.
Step #8. Analytics will help the macOS Catalina 10.15 to send automatically diagnostics and data usage.
Step #9. Screen Time, Get insights about your screen time and limits for what you want to manage.
Step #10. Here you can select in three ways the look. And you can give a better look to your Mac.
Step #10. Setting Up Your Mac… Wait for this is step a while.
Step #11. You have successfully installed macOS Catalina 10.15 on VirtualBox on Windows.
Congratulations! that’s all about the ways of installing macOS Catalina 10.15 on VirtualBox. Therefore, I hope you have gotten something from this article. Furthermore, If you faced any kind of error feel free and comment let us know about the error. Give us feedback for your more support and subscribe to our blog.
I tried this method, the Mac is restarting frequently. Could you help
managed to install it and have it up and running. my advice would be to start from scratch. if you already have a version of Virtual Box, uninstall it and start with the latest version and the related extension pack.
thank you so much
chris a baker
C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox>VBoxManage.exe modifyvm “macOs Catalina 10.15” –cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff
VBoxManage.exe: error: Could not find a registered machine named ‘macOs Catalina 10.15’
VBoxManage.exe: error: Details: code VBOX_E_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND (0x80bb0001), component VirtualBoxWrap, interface IVirtualBox, callee IUnknown
VBoxManage.exe: error: Context: “FindMachine(Bstr(a->argv).raw(), machine.asOutParam())” at line 524 of file VBoxManageModifyVM.cpp
every one besides the first one i pasted i got a message similar to this one