In this article, I will show you how to install macOS Mojave 10.14 on ASUS Laptop. Do think that macOS operating systems is only built for Mac computer of course not. There is much reason that still I like to use macOS Mojave on my Mac computer or other platforms or laptops. Nearly a year ago that macOS Mojave released for public and the full version released on September. At the time the macOS Mojave 10.14 announced for public in WWDC “Worldwide Developer Conference” in 2018. Therefore, the public they mentioned that macOS Mojave is ever one of the most complete operating systems among other macOS operating systems. It is a big opportunity to upgrade there old version of macOS to macOS Mojave 10.14. Also, macOS Mojave included pretty features, and get your work efficiently.
After many Experimenter tests of Apple Inc, they brought much and better changes in macOS. Therefore, you should know about the features if you are using macOS Mojave. Here the great changes inside macOS Mojave 10.14 are Dark Mode, Stacks, The All-new Mac App store, Better screenshot tools, Continuity Camera, Quick look, Added security.
From the time that macOS Mojave released for public we tried to install it on different platform such as VirtualBox, and VMware. Below I will give you a hint about the installation of macOS Mojave on Virtual machines.
- How to install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox and Windows?
- How to install macOS Mojave on VMware on windows
Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on ASUS Laptop
However, you have gotten the complete information about macOS Mojave 10.14. And about its significant features, then before to install macOS Mojave 10.14 on ASUS Laptop. You have to prepare some requirements, like dmg file, drivers, USB drive, and Bootable USB for macOS Mojave, USB for post-installation.
All the post-installation requirements
- Download Clover Configurator
- Download DPCImanager
- Kext Utility Download
- IOregisteryexplorer Download
- MaciASL Download
However, above is all the download links of post-installation and below you can download macOS Mojave 10.14 dmg file freely. And also you can download macOS Mojave 10.14 dmg file from its official site. If you want to download macOS Mojave from its official site then you must have a developer account. Therefore, we have downloaded the dmg file and uploaded to Google drive.
Create Bootable USB for macOS Mojave 10.14
Creating a macOS Mojave Bootable USB is very easy, therefore, we have a different method for creating Bootable USB. Now we can create a bootable USB drive on Windows 10 PC also. And in here I will show you the way using Disk Utility on macOS. Disk Utility is a small tool that every macOS operating system have that.
- Plugin your USB drive to your computer, the USB drive should be at least 16 GB.
- Now go to the top bar click on Go, and come down choose Disk Utilities.
- When the Utilities launched select Disk Utility.
- Select the USB drive form left-handed disks.
- After that, click on Erase button, Give a name, Format Mac OS Extended (Journaled), the Scheme GUID partition Map. Then click on the Erase button to make empty the USB drive.
- After that, the USB drive erased click Done.
- Now open terminal of the right-handed click on search spotlight.
- When the search page opened type Terminal and press enter.
- After that, the terminal opened, copy and paste the below code in the terminal. Enter your password and type “Y” to confirm.
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USBNAME --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app --nointeraction
Mount USB Partition
- Now your Bootable USB is created one more is remaining. You have to mount the partition of your USB drive using Clover configurator. Because without this process you are not able to boot macOS Mojave on your laptop. Therefore, install Clover Configurator and mount the partition of your USB drive.
- Install Clover configurator, then open it select the USB drive of macOS Mojave. And click on mount partition, enter your password to confirm.
- After mounting the USB partition, the EFI folder will create on your desktop.
- Close the clover configuration close the post-install folder.
- Open the partition folder, now you have to copy Pre EFI file into the USB drive which was mounted.
- Eject the USB drive.
Creating a USB drive for post-installation
Post-installation in macOS installation is much important. Like after the installation of Windows always we are updating or installing the drivers, therefore, in macOS also we create a separate USB for post-installation. The guide is much easy just we need to erase the USB drive and copy-paste the necessary files in a USB drive. While the installation is completely done, then we start installing post-installation drivers.
- Insert the USB drive into your computer, after inserting automatically the USB drive will appear on the desktop screen.
- Then go ahead navigate to top menu bar select Go, Disk Utilities.
- From the utility window select Disk Utility.
- When the Disk Utility opened select the USB drive of post-installation from the left-handed bar.
- Now to create partition click Erase, then select a name, Format should be Mac OS X Extended (Journaled), and the Scheme GUID partition Map. Then click Erase button, the erasing process will take a while, after that, when the erasing is finished click Done.
- After the post-installation USB drive is formatted and created. Go ahead and copy all needed files into the USB drive.
Customize & Edit BIOS settings of ASUS laptop
Because we are not performing macOS Mojave installation of Mac computer. Therefore, we are going to install on an ASUS computer, in that case, we need to customize & edit some settings on BIOS. Don’t miss any part on BIOS settings, otherwise, you will face an error on the installation.
Restart your ASUS computer, and press the BIOS key on the first step navigate to Save & Exit. And select restore default press the enter key and press enter to confirm.
Now select Save Changes and press enter key again press enter to confirm.
- Again go to Save & Exit and press the enter key to restart your computer.
After that, your computer restarted again press the BIOS menu key. And this time select Advanced from the menu and choose VT-d and disabled.
Here navigate to Boot menu, and select Fast Boot and disabled that.
Select the Security menu and select the secure boot then press enter.
After selecting the secure boot, now select key management and press the enter key.
Now select Platform key (PK) then press enter key. Again select Eraser option and press enter, again press enter key to confirm. Once again press enter key to confirm.
After selecting the platform go back, and select secure boot control and press enter key, then select disabled.
After all the settings are done, go to Save & Exit tab, and select Save changes then press enter key again press enter key to confirm.
- Navigate to Save Changes and Exit and press enter key.
Perform a clean installation of macOS Mojave 10.14 on ASUS laptop
To perform a clean installation you need a bootable USB pen drive. Therefore, at the beginning of our installation process, we have created our bootable USB drive each and everything. So, now we are ready to start the installation.
Step 1. Restart your computer and insert the USB drive. Then press the Boot menu key then boot macOS Mojave from the USB drive.
Step 2. Now bypass this black in some second.
Step 3. On the clover boot manager select, Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Mojave and press enter key.
Step 4. Also, bypass this black screen.
Step 5. Now, wait until the Apple logo complete.
Erase the Disk for macOS Mojave 10.14
Step 6. After Apple logo screen the macOS Utilities will come. You have to select Disk Utility for creating a partition.
Step 7. Navigate to View menu, and select Show all devices. After that, all the drives will appear.
Step 8. Now you have to select the drive where you want to install macOS Mojave. And click Erase give a name, and the format should be APFS, and the scheme GUID Partition Map. And finally, click erase button to erase the disk for macOS Mojave installation.
- After that, the disk erased successfully click done.
Step 9. After clicking Done, automatically the installation navigates to macOS Utilities. Now select Install macOS and press continue.
Step 10. To set up the installation of macOS Mojave, click continue.
Step 11. Read about the license agreement of macOS Mojave and click Agree.
Step 12. Now macOS Mojave will be installed on the drive which you have formatted.
Step 13. This process of installation will take some time, wait until macOS Mojave is going to be installed on the drive.
Step 14. After that, the installation is completed your computer will restart. Again press the boot menu key, and boot macOS Mojave from USB. On the clover, boot manager boot macOS Mojave from Macintosh HD.
- Bypass the black screen
- Wait on the Apple logo installation to complete, after installation once again your computer will restart.
The final installation process of macOS Mojave 10.14 on ASUS laptop
- While your computer restarted press the boot menu key, and boot macOS Mojave from Macintosh HD.
Step 15. At first welcome screen of macOS Mojave select your country and hit continue.
Step 16. Select your keyboard and hit continue.
Step 17. Select the option My computer does not connect to the internet and hit continue again continue.
Step 18. On Data & Privacy don’t do anything simply hit continue.
Step 19. Select option Don’t transfer any information now and hit continue.
Step 20. Read the license agreement of macOS Mojave 10.14 for the first time. And hit the Agree button, again Agree.
Step 21. Create a computer account for first use including Full name, Account name, Password, and Hint then hit continue.
Step 22. In the Express set up don’t do anything simply hit continue.
Step 23. This is the final step of macOS Mojave 10.14. Therefore, it means that the installation is completely done, now you have chosen your look and hit continue.
Post-installation of macOS Mojave 10.14
Now we are done with the installation,therefore, we have to fix all the drivers through the post-installation guide. Also, you have the USB drive which you have created before installation of macOS Mojave on ASUS laptop.
- Insert the post-installation USB drive, in case if the drive is not shown on the desktop. You have to check the boxes from Finder>Perefernces.
- Hard disks
- External Disks
- CDs, DVDs, and iPods
- Connected servers
- After you marked the boxes automatically the connected devices will appear.
- Copy all the post-installation folder and paste that into your desktop
- Open post-install folder, then open Clover configurator.
- Now select the Mount EFI from the left-handed tab, there you need to mount the partition of the system drive. Click on the Mount partition and enter your password.
- After mounting the partition the partition will be mounted separately on the desktop.
- Now open the EFI Partition, right>click on the EFI and move to trash.
- Open the post EFI folder, copy the EFI folder and paste to partition of the system drive.
- Using this step will be easy to install the boot loader.
Now open Kext Utility and enter your password, therefore, it will take some time to complete.
- Drag VoodooHDA to Kext Utility and enter your password.
- After that, the installation is completed. Go ahead and check the setting of your computer.
If you liked the article then read the below article Also:
- How to Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on PC-Hackintosh
- How to Install macOS Catalina 10.15 on PC-Hackintosh
- Dual Boot macOS Mojave 10.14 with Windows 10
- Dual Boot macOS Catalina 10.15 with Windows 10
- How to Dual Boot macOS High Sierra with Windows 10
Might be the drivers the Kext Utility could work with all the version of macOS Mojave. But be sure that it also depends on the system version or model. Most of the time while I am installing the drivers it works with all version of macOS. However, hope you have gotten something from this article how to install macOS Mojave 10.14 on ASUS Laptop. If you faced any kind problem don’t forget to share with us in the comment section, and also subscribe to our Blog.