In this article, I will show you how to install macOS Mojave 10.14 on Coffee Lake PC Build. The Coffee Lake is Intel’s codename for the seconds 14 nm process node refinement following Broadwell, SkyLake, and Kaby Lake. Coffee Lake is a PC which we built with high Graphic cards, Processors, RAM, and optional motherboard. Coffee Lake PC’s also introduces major changes in Intel’s Core CPU’s. For the first time, Intel company released Coffee Lake PC’s in 2018 in four generations. Therefore, Coffee Lake PC’s mostly having uses in workstation, Gaming purposes. And the prize of Coffee Lake PC is fairly enough expensive in today’s market. Due to that in here, you will learn how to install macOS Mojave 10.14 on Coffee Lake PC Build. From the time that macOS Mojave 10.14 come out with its great significant features. Till now I am using macOS Mojave 10.14 on PC.
By using macOS Mojave I have received and achieved good experiences. I have done many great projects like video editing, graphics. But still, I didn’t face any kind of issue. Mojave is available free in the market everyone can download and install it on their computers.
Create a Bootable USB drive for Coffee Lake
Before every process on installation very will prepare the files. And in here also we need to create a Bootable USB drive for Coffee Lake PC and copy all the post-installation files in a USB drive. The way how to create a Bootable USB is easy bellow you will learn that in some easy steps using Disk Utility.
You Download all the required files of macOS Mojave
Steps to create a Bootable USB drive for macOS Mojave 10.14
- Insert the USB drive into your computer, the USB should be at least 16 GB.
- Now go to menu bar GO>Utilities
- Now open Disk Utility
- Follow the steps to format the USB drive
- Select the USB drive which you want to format. And give a name, Format Mac OS Extended (Journaled), Scheme GUID Partition Map. And finally, click the Erase button.
- After that, the USB is formatted click Done.
- Close the
- Now go to spotlight search, and type terminal then clicks enter.
- Copy and paste the below command into the terminal, and press enter key. Then type “Y” to confirm.
- However, this process will take some minutes.
sudo /Applications/install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia -- Volume \Volumes/USB
- You need a Pre-configured EFI
- Now go to the post-install folder and open Clover Configurator.
- On the left-handed click on Mount EFI.
- In this step, click on Mount partition of EFI on install macOS Mojave. Then by entering the password you can mount the USB drive.
- After that, you mounted the partition the EFI folder will create into your desktop.
- Copy and paste the Pre-configured EFI into a new EFI folder of your USB drive.
Create Post-install USB Drive
- In this step, you need to copy all the post-install files into a USB drive.
- Plugin the USB drive into your computer, then on the menu bar click on Go>Utilities.
- Open Disk Utility.
- Now select the USB drive, and click on Erase, under the name, Format Mac OS Extended (Journaled), Scheme GUID Partition Map. Then click on the Erase button. After that, the format is completed click Done.
Edit & Configure BIOS Settings
Editing the BIOS settings before installation allows you to install macOS Mojave 10.14 properly. Therefore, for Dual Boots or installing separately macOS operating system on Mac computer or any other PC, the BIOS settings edition is must. Here to install macOS Mojave 10.14 on Coffee Lake you need to edit the BIOS settings. Without that, you won’t install the macOS Mojave.
Step 1. At the first step, restart your Coffee Lake PC and press the BIOS settings key. And navigate to Save & Exit Tab the come down select Load Optimized Defaults press enter select Yes.
- After that, go to Save & Exit Setup select Yes and press enter. Your computer will restart automatically.
Step 2. After that, your computer restarted again press the BIOS settings key. And navigate to M.I.T tab select Extreme memory profile press enter and select Profile1.
Step 3. Navigate to BIOS menu scroll down select Fast boot press enter and select disabled.
Step 4. Choose Mouse Speed press enter and select 2X.
Step 5. Scroll down to CSM Support press enter and select Enabled.
Step 6. Select LAN PXE Boot Option ROM press enter and select disabled.
Step 7. Navigate to Storage Boot Option Control press enter and select UEFI.
Step 8. Now select Other PCI Devices press enter and select UEFI.
Step 9. Here navigate to Peripherals and select Initial Display Output press enter and select PC1e 1Slot.
Step 10. Scroll down to Intel platform trust Technology press enter and select Disabled.
Network Stack Configuration “Peripherals”
Step 11. Navigate to Network Stack Configuration and press enter.
Step 12. Press enter on Network Stack and select Disabled.
Step 13. Choose Legacy USB Support press the enter and select Enabled.
Step 14. Navigate to XHCI Hand-off press enter and select Enabled.
Step 15. Here Navigate to SATA And RST Configuration and press enter.
Step 16. Select SATA Controller press enter and select Enabled.
Step 17. Navigate to Chipset menu bar and select VT-d press enter and select Disabled.
Step 18. Scroll down to Intel Graphics press enter and select Auto.
- Step 19. However, you have done successfully the BIOS settings of Coffee Lake PC therefore, navigate to Save & Exit setup and save all changes in BIOS settings.
Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on Coffee Lake PC Build
However, you are done with creating macOS Mojave Bootable USB drive and with post-installation drive and BIOS settings. Therefore, it is time to perform a clean installation of macOS Mojave 10.14 on Coffee Lake PC Build. Remember that one of the most important rules in Coffee Lake PC Build BIOS settings has. Therefore, if you did any mistake on any part of BIOS Settings then you won’t be able to install macOS Mojave or any other operating system on Coffee Lake PC Build.
Step 1. Now connect your Bootable USB drive to your Coffee Lake PC Build. And restart your computer then press the Boot menu key, and boot macOS Mojave 10.14 from USB Drive.
Step 2. In the Clover Boot Manager boot macOS install from installing macOS Mojave and press enter.
Step 3. Bypass this black screen in some seconds.
Step 4. Now in macOS Utilities navigate to Disk Utility and press continue.
Step 5. Navigate to View from the tab menu bar and select Show All Devices.
Step 6. After that, you clicked on Show All Devices, therefore, all the exist Drive will appear and format the drive according to below settings.
- Give an exact name for the Drive.
- Format APFS
- Scheme GUID Partition Map
- After that, click on the Erase button.
- While the drive is formatted then click Done.
Step 7. Now select install macOS and press continue.
Step 8. To set up the installation of macOS Mojave, click continue.
Step 9. Here agree to terms and condition of macOS Mojave by clicking on Agree button.
Step 10. Select the drive where you want to install macOS Mojave.
Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on Coffee Lake PC Build
- After that, the installation is done your Coffee Lake PC will restart automatically.
- Again press the Boot menu key and boot macOS Mojave from USB Drive.
- Select Boot macOS Mojave to install from Macintosh HD, the drive which you have formatted for macOS Mojave.
- Wait to bypass the black screen.
- Now, wait for macOS Mojave installing on Apple logo screen.
- Again your computer will restart automatically, then coming back you have to press the Boot menu key again.
- Select Boot macOS from Macintosh HD, and press enter.
- Wait again to bypass the black screen full of codes.
- At the first screen select your country and press continue.
- Now select your keyboard and click continue.
- Select your Wi-fi network and click continue.
- Choose my computer doesn’t connect to the internet and click continue.
- On Data & Privacy click Continue.
- Now select Don’t transfer any information right now and click continue.
- Agree to terms and condition and click continue.
- Create a computer account and click continue.
- On express set up, click continue.
- Choose your look and click continue.
- Wait for setting up your Mac for the first use.
Post-installation of Coffee Lake PC Build
- Insert the USB drive of post-install, and copy the fixes and post-install folder into your desktop.
- Now eject the USB drive.
- Open the post-install folder, then navigate to clover configurator and open it.
- After that, Clover configurator launched Mount the EFI partition of your USB flash drive and the system drive. After that, you mounted the partition the EFI folder will create on your desktop.
- Open the EFI partition of the system drive, then delete the EFI folder from the system drive.
- Now open the EFI partition of USB flash drive. And copy the EFI folder into the system drive.
- Install the drivers, like ethernet, Realtek Audio, Kext Utility, Drag the VoodooHDA into Kext Utility.
- After that, you installed the drivers successfully, go ahead and restart your computer then after coming back to computer check all the drivers make sure that the settings.
- How to Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on ASUS Laptop
- How to Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on PC-Hackintosh
- Dual Boot macOS Mojave 10.14 with Windows 10
- How to install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox and Windows?
- How to install macOS Mojave on VMware on windows
However, that’s all about how to install macOS Mojave 10.14 on Coffee Lake PC Build. Hope you enjoyed from this article, and have gotten something after reading this article. Therefore, if you liked the article share your suggestion and feedback below in the comment section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog via your email address.