In this article, I will show you how to install macOS Mojave 10.14 on PC-Hackintosh. On 24th September macOS Mojave 10.14 was released for public, by the announcement of WWDC “Worldwide Developer Conference”. However, the new latest version of macOS Mojave 10.14 is having good changes improvements and there is isn’t any bugs or error. And you have the right information that macOS Mojave 10.14 is having nice features like time-based wallpaper, Dark mode. Alongside, there are good changes in finder and many other features. Therefore, still, macOS Mojave 10.14 is releasing the latest updates. And now the latest update of macOS Mojave is 10.14.5. Moreover, macOS Mojave is having the high-security performance it will keep all the data out of cyber-attacks and error. As the latest macOS operating system is macOS Catalina still having lots of problem and issue.
I have been using macOS Mojave 10.14 since the public beta released to the public. And till now I haven’t any problem and issue with macOS Mojave. Therefore, get a better experience of macOS Mojave 10.14 by installing it on your PC-Hackintosh properly. The previous operating system which was macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra, the I experienced with some issues. Now I rejected all the issue by installing macOS Mojave 10.14. And macOS Mojave 10.14 is compatible now AMD processor also, and installing macOS Mojave on Nvidia graphic is easy.
Table of Contents
Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on PC-Hackintosh – Complete Guideline
- Create macOS Mojave 10.14 USB installer disk
- Download macOS Mojave 10.14 dmg file
- Create macOS Mojave 10.14 Post-installation disk
- Bring some changes in BIOS settings
- Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on PC-Hackintosh
- Post-installation of macOS Mojave 10.14
- Install all the drivers of macOS Mojave 10.14 properly
Before getting started on the installation of macOS Mojave 10.14 on PC-Hackintosh, you have to download all the required files mentioned above.
And Also Read:
- How to Dual Boot macOS Mojave 10.14 with Windows 10
- How to Dual Boot macOS Catalina 10.15 with Windows 10
Two different ways of installing macOS Mojave 10.14 on two different platforms.
- How to Install macOS Catalina 10.15 on PC-Hackintosh
- How to install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox and Windows?
- install macOS Mojave on VMware on windows
Required files of macOS Mojave 10.14 for PC-Hackintosh
- How to download macOS Mojave dmg file?
- macOS Mojave 10.14 files Kexts Download Link
- USB EFI partition of Mojave Download Link
- Mojave EFI partition Download Link
- Download Clover Configurator
- Download Clover Boot-Loader latest version
- VoodooHDA all the drivers pack for macOS Mojave 10.14 Download Link
How to install macOS Mojave 10.14 on PC-Hackintosh
Create macOS Mojave 10.14 USB installer Disk:
Before going to create a Bootable USB installer for macOS Mojave 10.14. You have to download the dmg file that above I have mentioned in the download link description. Remember that the macOS Mojave 10.14 dmg file is more than 6 Gigabyte, therefore, you need a nice internet connection for downloading.
- To create macOS Mojave 10.14 USB installer Disk, you need to format, Erase, or partition the USB drive. And for macOS Mojave installer disk you need at least 16 GB USB. Below 16 GB you are not allowed to copy a single dmg file of macOS Mojave.
- Insert the recommended USB drive into your computer.
- Open Spotlight and search for Disk Utility.
- From the list of present disk select the USB drive which you want to create a partition.
- Name: “option” give a name
- Format: Should be “Mac OS X Extended (Journaled).
- Scheme: GUID partition Map.
When you are with the recommended setting of USB partition. Then go ahead click on the “Erase” button, and finally when the Disk Utility erased all data on USB click Done. And close the Disk Utility.
- Now go to Spotlight and search for the terminal.
- When the terminal has launched the copy-paste the below code. And by pressing enter you will ask to enter the password. And the process will take some second.
sudo /Applications/install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contens/Reources/createinstallmedia -- Volume /Volumes/USB
- After erasing the USB drive again type “Y” to confirm and press enter key.
- Now the USB is the drive is created for macOS Mojave 10.14, but it doesn’t work for laptop. Therefore, you have to mount the partition.
Insert the USB Drive and open the Clover Configurator. And click on Mount EFI, then select “EFI on install macOS” and click mount partition.
Copy the macOS Mojave 10.14 Fixes file into the USB drive
After that, macOS Mojave 10.14 USB installer is created copy the dmg file. And Eject the macOS Mojave 10.14 USB. Then insert the next USB drive for fixes file.
- After that, you have inserted the USB drive now click on Go, and click on Utilities.
- And open Disk Utility
- Open the select the USB Drive from left-handed.
- Click on Erase button
- Give a name: Whatever you want
- Format: Mac OS X Extended (Journaled)
- Scheme: GUID Partition Map
- After that, click on Erase button and click Done.
- Now the partition is created go ahead and copy the Post EFI file and fixes file into the USB drive.
Edit BIOS setting for macOS Mojave 10.14
Now you have completely downloaded all the requirements of macOS Mojave. And created a bootable USB drive for macOS Mojave, and completely copied all the fixes files into the USB drive. Then you are ready to install macOS Mojave 10.14 on PC-Hackintosh, therefore, before installation, you have to perform or confirm the BIOS setting of your computer for macOS Mojave. And after doing all the BIOS setting you are getting allow to install macOS Mojave, on the other hands you can’t install macOS Mojave.
Step 1. Enter the BIOS menu button of your computer. Then on the “Exit” select “Load Setup Default” and press enter and choose “Yes” enter press enter.
Step 2. Again select “Exit Saving Changes” and select “Yes” then press enter.
Step 3. After pressing save changes your computer will restart. Coming back to computer press boot menu again, and on “Main” select “F12 Boot Menu” and press enter then select “Enabled” again press enter.
Step 4. Select “Security” on “Set Supervisor password” give a password and press enter.
Step 5. Select “Boot” on “Boot Mode” change “Legacy” to “UEFI” and press enter.
Step 6. Select “Secure Boot” and select “Disabled” then press enter.
How to Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on PC-Hackintosh
After bringing some changes to the BIOS setting of your computer for macOS Mojave installation. Now you are ready to install it, let’s dig into the installation process focus on the steps.
Step 1. Restart your USB drive and press “Boot menu” key and boot macOS Mojave from USB Drive.
Step 2. After booting from USB drive, here you will face Clover boot-loader choose macOS Mojave and press enter.
Step 3. Now get ready and bypass this screen.
Step 4. Select your Language and press continue.
Step 5. Now here click Disk Utility and press continue.
Step 6. Now click on “View” and click on “Show All Devices” to create the hard disk partition.
Step 7. You have to create the Hard Drive partition for macOS Mojave 10.14. Therefore, select the Hard Disk and click on “Erase” then choose a “Name” “Format” “APFS” “Scheme” “GUID Partition Map” and click Erase. Wait for some minutes that your Hard Disk partition should be created, then click Done.
Step 8. After that, you clicked done directly you will jump to this window now select “Install macOS” and click Continue.
Step 9. To set up the installation of macOS Mojave, click Continue.
Step 10. I have read and agree to the terms of the software license agreement, click Agree.
Step 11. In here you will see the list of Drive which you created partition. And now click on created partition drive then click Install.
Step 12. macOS Mojave 10.14 installation will take up to 10 minutes.
Boot macOS Mojave install from Macintosh HD
Step 13. Again press boot menu key and boot from the USB drive.
Step 14. In the Clover screen select boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD.
Step 15. About some minutes it will take to install macOS Mojave. When this installation process is completed your computer will restart automatically.
Stp 16. When your computer restarted again press boot menu key and boot from USB Drive.
Step 17. Now again in the Clover screen choose boot macOS Mojave from Macintosh HD.
Step 18. Choose your Country and click Continue
- Select your keyboard and click Continue
- My computer doesn’t connect to computer click continue and continue.
- On Data & Privacy click Continue
- Don’t transfer any information right now and click continue.
- Agree to the terms and condition of macOS Mojave and click continue.
- Create your computer account for macOS Mojave 10.14 for the first use and click continue.
- In Express set up click continue
- Now choose your look for the system on the first use, and click continue.
- Here you have to wait for some minutes, that your computer should get ready for the first time.
Post-installation of macOS Mojave 10.14 on PC-Hackintosh
Now we are at the last step of macOS Mojave installation of PC-Hackintosh that is Post-installation. However, the post-installation is very simple and easy, because you have already had the created USB pen drive for post-installation. And the important and needed file exists on the USB drive.
- Insert the post-installation USB to your computer, and copy the files into the desktop.
- Now eject the post-install USB Drive.
- Open the Post-install folder and open Clover configurator.
- After that, the clover configurator opened to select the USB drive and click on Mount EFI. Now you need to mount the EFI partition of SSD/HDD. By providing the Username, and password.
- Now you will see a separate Drive is created on the desktop.
- Open the SSD/HDD drive and right-click on EFI file and delete.
- Now copy all fixes files of your computer. And open the SSD/HDD drive then paste that.
After all, you need to install all the drivers of your computer. For that, you have to install the Graphics, Audio, Video, Bluetooth and by inserting the Kext Utility with VoodooHDA you will fix the drivers of your computer.
- After the installation is completed Eject the SDD/HDD EFI drive from your desktop.
After that, the installation of drivers is completed go ahead click on “System Preferences”. And click on Display setting customize the setting make yourself sure that the drivers are working or no.
Tap to click, be sure the Point & click of Trackpad is working properly.
Sound is also working correctly after installing the sound drivers. Click mark on “Play feedback when the volume is changed” and also mark “Show all volume in the menu bar”.
Connect the cable of speaker/Headphone to your computer and check that output sound is working.
You have successfully installed macOS Mojave 10.14 on PC-Hackintosh. Therefore, the installation process was a bit complicated. And every part of this article can be also dependable on the performance of your PC also. If you can have a better PC, then you will complete this procedure easily and soon. Hope that you have gotten something from this article, remember that if the article was useful for you to share your comments, suggestion, and feedback below in the comment section. And if you want to hear about the future post updates then subscribe our Blog with your email address.