Have you ever thought about it how to install Windows 10 on VMware Workstation or install Windows 10 on VirtualBox? Windows 10 is one of the best exclusive operating systems for everyone. Now Windows 10 final version or update is available to install on your computer if you didn’t. I think in the era of operating system Windows 10 is one of the most complete and professional operating systems. Therefore, Microsoft decides to remain Windows for a long time. More the new update of Windows 10 released in May 2019 in public and named as 1903 version also the code named 19H1. The unbelievable new feature that exists in this update is the light theme, big changes and brought speed improvements and many other polishes.
When macOS Catalina 10.15 released in public after that, IOS 13 released and Apple watches the modern model. Besides that new updates for Kali Linux come out, Zorin OS 15 with super features released. After that, in May 2019 Microsoft released there latest updates for people. The time that Windows 10 new updates come out most of the people worried because lots of them faced bugs. After research of Microsoft when the bugs were fixed by Windows developer, then they released the official update. Some months before we were updating our Windows 10 1803 version to 1903 by using the tool. But now the 1903 update exists in the list of updates while updating your Windows 10 necessary drivers, the changes inside update of Windows 10 1903 version that you can pause the update.
However, I think before releasing official the major OS of any operating system we should test that in any platform. To be sure about the features performance speed, and many more things. We have different kinds of Virtual machines below I will describe for you the famous Virtual machines.
- VirtualBox: VirtualBox is formerly known as Sun VirtualBox, Sun XM VirtualBox, and Innotek VirtualBox. VirtualBox is an open-source platform for virtualization purposes. However, VirtualBox was developed and published by Oracle Corporation and released in 2010. Also, VirtualBox can install on Windows, macOS, Linux, Solaris, and OpenSolaris. The virtualization is unlimited for installing different guest operating systems at the same time. However, VirtualBox is a free platform that you can download and install it on your computer.
- VMware Workstation Pro: However, VMware Workstation is one of the most simple Virtual machines that can install on Windows, macOS, Linux operating system. In case, will be installed on the x64 operating system the company decided to release the x86 version too. VMware has consisted of high functionalities than the other Virtual machines. And VMware Workstation is developed by VMware Inc. For the lifetime license, you have to purchase VMware Workstation because VMware is not free and for the free trial, you can only use 14 days.
Create a new Virtual machine
Before creating a new virtual machine for Windows 10 on VirtualBox. You must download and install that on your computer, also, the installation procedure is easy everyone can do it. Below I will share the download link where you can download VirtualBox and Windows 10 ISO image file.
Step 1. After that, you have installed VirtualBox double click on VirtualBox and open it then on the top menu click on new.
- Name the operating system, machine folder where you want to create the Virtual machine, type Microsoft, choose the 64-bit and click next.
- Increase the memory size up to 4GB and click next.
- Create a hard disk file, you have to select the second create a virtual hard disk now and click create.
- Select the hard disk file type VDI (VirtualBox Disk image) and click next.
- The fixed size for storage and the physical hard disk is Dynamically allocated.
- Select the file location for Windows 10 installation and specify the disk space and click create.
Edit Virtual machine
Step 1. After that, you created the Virtual machine for Windows 10 therefore, you have to edit some essential settings for Windows 10 on VirtualBox to have a perfect installation. Select the created Virtual machine and click Settings on the top menu bar.
Step 2. On the left-handed select system tab and uncheck Floppy disk from the boot order options.
Step 3. Increase the processor up to 2
Step 4. Again in the left-handed select Display>Screen and increase the size of Video memory.
Step 5. Select Storage and click and click empty on the optical Drive icon click and choose Virtual optical Disk file…
Step 6. Now select the Windows 10 ISO file and click Open.
Step 7. Here you have inserted the Windows 10 ISO file into VirtualBox, therefore, click OK.
Install Windows 10 on VirtualBox
Step 1. After that, you have performed the clean setting for Windows 10 installation on VirtualBox. Now it is time to install Windows 10 on VirtualBox for that select created Virtual machine and click Start button.
Step 2. Select language for Windows 10 installation, time and currency format, Keyboard and input method then click next.
Step 3. Click the install button to continue
Step 4. Choose Windows 10 version then click next.
Step 5. Agree to terms and conditions of Windows 10 then click next.
Step 6. Select Custom: Install Windows only (Advanced) the recommended option is custom install for Windows 10 because further, we need to create drive and format.
Step 7. Here you need to create a drive for Windows 10 on VirtualBox don’t worry because the Virtual machine is separate from the main drive, For that click Apply.
Step 8. After clicking apply this warning will appear to ensure that all Windows features work correctly, Windows might create additional partitions for system files click OK.
Step 9. Now drive is created for Windows 10 simply click next.
Step 10. Wait for Windows 10 installation after that, windows installed the Virtual machine will restart the Windows automatically.
Preparing Windows 10 for the first use on VirtualBox
- Wait for the Welcome screen of Windows 10
- Select your region and click yes
- Select your keyboard layout and click yes
- If you want to add any other keyboard layout click add layout if not then click skip.
- Type your domain name for Windows then click next.
- Create a password, and again confirm the password.
- Create security questions for your account in case you forget your password just in few steps with answering the security question you can reset your password.
- in Cortana, personal assistant there is nothing to do simply click Accept.
- Again click yes
- Choose privacy settings for your device and click Accept.
- Wait for Windows 10 to get ready the Windows for the first use.
- And successfully Windows 10 is installed on VirtualBox.
That’s all about how to install Windows 10 on VirtualBox, I hope you have gotten something from this article. If you think that the article was essential and beneficial then don’t forget to share your suggestion and feedback in below comment section. Also, subscribe to our blog via your email address.