In this article, I will show you how to install and installation of Windows 10 on VMware Workstation Pro 15. As we know that in current times the companies are trying to build and realize a new and new version of the software for us. This software that I am introducing for you, It has great Features great and work. Before releasing the complete version of any operating system firstly they release the beta version. So in that case, that user checks the new features or functions to attract them. So, here I suggest you first to have to test that operating system in Virtual machine, such as VMware Workstation, VirtualBox, or Hyper-V. These are the platform and best sources for testing any kind of operating system whether that should Android OS, macOS OS, or Windows OS.
VMware Workstation Pro is using for Virtualization like Oracle VM VirtualBox, that these two Virtualization software is having the same work. But the VMware Workstation has somehow new Features, that you can Visualize your work, such as Windows 7,8,8.1. And besides that, you can install Mac OS Sierra, Ubuntu, Zorin OS, Android OS, and Kali Linux as a guest operating system. VMware is a great tool that I have tested ever to develop to progress our work in a machine. At the same time, you can run and install any operating system in VMware Workstation, indeed it requires best PC performance.
Table of Contents
What are the new features of VMware workstation Pro 15?
- New operating system support.
- Direct X 12 support easily.
- Hardware version 16.
- Rest API Support.
- High DPI support.
- Hosts and group view when connecting to Vcenter.
- Vsphere 6.1 support easily.
- Connect USB to VirtualBox Auto.
- SSH login to Linux virtual machine.
- Increase in User Experience.
- Linux host replacement support.
- High performance and improvement of the VirtualBox machine.
Let’s give you information about the new features of VMware workstation Pro 15
New operating system support
- Direct X 12 support: If you are using VMware the old version, that you faced any problem in old version required of Direct X but these new version is already having the Direct X software in it.
- Hardware Version: with each new version of the workstation, they build new hardware requirements that each of you has seen, and VMware generally adds support to a new version of hardware such as if you are installing this software at least you may have 3 GB of ram for use.
- Rest API support: These parts will support programmatic to be able to provide to the program. And these new Rest APIs support VMware workstation that VMware workstation properly should work on Virtual machine.
- High DPI support: This part depends on the display of your PC that how much the resolution it has. with this version of software added the new features that how Windows 10 or higher then that can work in the virtual machine.
- Host and group view when connecting to the Vcenter: Connecting apart to another part, for example, connecting one window with many windows at the same time, that in here VMware Workstation supports you that connect a window on Host Vcenter by VMware Workstation Pro.
Easily can support Vsphere 6.1
- this feature has been added that makes you easy to download something inside the VMware workstation in easy methods.
- Connect USB to Virtual Drive Auto: Our old version Virtual machine has support USB but not connecting automatically, but in these new features, the USB drive is connecting automatically to the VMware Workstation.
- SSH Login to Linux Virtual machine: These Version of VMware can connect into the Linux machine, besides that, it has the requirement of Windows 10 1803 to connect into the Linux machine.
- Increase in User Experience: The VMware workstation Pro 15 will increase the experience of the user which is using the VMware. and how to be active inside that how to work with the VMware, have the ability of Right-click in VirtualBox.
- Linux host replacement support: The new feature is having the replacement of Linux.
- High performance and improvement of VirtualBox machine: It has very great features that can perform and improve your work inside the machine.
How to install VMware workstation Pro 15 in Windows 10
Before going to start the installation of Windows 10 on VMware Workstation Pro 15 you to perform a clean installation of VMware on your PC.
- After that, you have downloaded the VMware workstation then double click on setup this page will open for installation.
- Open the setup of Workstation pro 5 for installation.
- Welcome to the wizard VMware Workstation pro setup wizard then press Next.
- Mark, I accept the terms in the license agreement.
- Click next for custom setup or you can change the location where you want to install the VMware in which drive.
- Mark both option first one automatically will check for update and the second one is for joining the customer experience then click the next button.
- Mark both options if you want that the shortcuts of VMware workstation Pro on Desktop and start menu programs folder then click next.
- Click the install button, wait until the installation should complete then click finish.
Create a new Virtual machine for Windows 10
After that, you installed VMware Workstation Pro on your PC go ahead and open VMware for creating a new virtual machine for Windows 10 final version. Just you need some simple steps to create a new virtual machine.
Step 1. Launch the VMware Workstation after installation. On the home, menu click on Create a new virtual machine.
Step 2. In the welcome wizard of VMware virtual machine select Typical (Recommended) and click next. On the next windows select, I will install the operating system later, because the virtual machine will be created with a blank hard disk and click next.
Step 3. In this step, select a guest operating system there are for the option you have to select Microsoft Windows and Version 10 x64 then click next. And give a name to the virtual machine and specify the location and click next.
Step 4. Specify disk capacity for Windows 10 I think the maximum disk size for Windows 10 should be 20GB, then select Store virtual disk a single file and click next. Now everything is done and ready to create a virtual machine finally click finish.
Edit Virtual machine settings
Step 5. After that, you have created the virtual machine settings. In the settings, you have to bring some changes like increase the RAM, Processor and some more to have better performance.
Step 6. Increase the memory size the maximum size of Memory in VMware for Windows 10 installation should be at least 4GB. On the left-handed select hardware then memory and increase the size.
Step 7. Below memory select processors and increase the number of processors up to 2.
Step 8. Below Hard Disk (SCSI) select CD/DVD (SATA) and click on Use ISO image file then click Browse…
Step 9. Select the Windows 10 ISO file and click open.
Step 10. There is nothing more to do therefore after inserting the Windows 10 ISO file click OK.
Install Windows 10 inside Windows 10
Are you searching for Windows 10 to upgrade your PC? if yes then follow this instruction on how to install Windows 10 latest operating system on VMware Workstation Pro 15.5. The installation is totally simple just the below instruction.
Step 11. Now everything is ready you have to start the Windows 10 installation on VMware Workstation, for that select the created virtual machine and click Power on this virtual machine. After that, at the first step press any key to boot into Windows.
Step 12. Now select your interface Language, Time and currency format, Keyboard and input method then click next.
Step 13. Click install setup
Step 14. Select the operating system version you want to install after that, click next.
Step 15. Agree to license terms by checking the box of I accept the license terms and click next.
Step 16. Select Custom: Install Windows only (Advanced), there you have to create a separate drive for Windows 10 installation. And the files, settings, and applications aren’t moved to Windows with this option. If you want to make changes to partitions and drives, start the computer using the installation disc. We recommend backing up your files before you continue.
Step 17. Here you have to create a new drive for Windows 10 installation on VMware. Don’t worry you will create the selected 20GB space of your hard drive, and your C drive will remain safe, click “New” and click Apply.
Step 18. After clicking the Apply button you will see this warning window. To ensure that all Windows features work correctly, Windows might create additional partitions for system files, you have to click OK to create the disk.
Step 19. Drive is created now click next to continue.
Step 20. Wait for the installation until it should be completed.
Step 21. After installation completed the Windows will restart automatically.
Get ready Windows 10 for the first Use
Step 22. When the Windows restarted wait till Windows should get ready. After that, select your region and click yes.
Step 23. Select your keyboard layout and click yes.
Step 24. Here you have the option to add your second keyboard layout, or you can do this after getting to Windows.
Step 25. Now we have some important set up to do, it will take some time.
Step 26. Here you have sign method if you have Microsoft account provide that if you don’t then click Domain join instead.
Step 27. Who’s going to use this PC? provide any kind of name and click next.
Step 28. Create a password and click next.
Step 29. Confirm your password and click next.
Step 30. Here you have to create security questions for this account. Just in case you forget your password, choose 3 security questions, and make sure your answers are unforgettable.
Step 31. In this step, don’t do anything just click accept.
Step 32. Do more across devices with activity history, simply click yes.
Step 33. Choose privacy settings for your device, these are the recommended settings don’t do anything just click accept.
Step 34. Successfully Windows 10 is being installed on VMware Workstation Pro 15.
Read also: How to Factory reset Windows 10
That’s all about the guides to install Windows 10 on VMware Workstation Pro 15. I hope the article was useful and beneficial for you, in case if you faced any kind of problem feel free and comment in below comment box. Also, subscribe to our blog with your email address to get notification of our latest post updates.