In addition to Beautiful dynamic, screensavers places from all over the world Sonoma also offers desktop widgets, a new “Presenter Overlay” function that keeps you in the spotlight while sharing the screen, and Game Mode, which gives games the highest priority on the CPU and GPU, and improvements to the Safari browser are just a few of the noteworthy additions of Sonoma.
Table of Contents
What is a macOS Sonoma ISO file?
An ISO file for macOS Sonoma is a disk image file that can be used to install the operating system on virtual machines such as VMware or VirtualBox, to create bootable installers, or for other purposes that do not require the standard upgrade process that Apple offers through the Mac App Store or Software Updates.
- The easy way to install macOS Monterey on VMware on Windows PC
- How to install VMware tools in macOS Sonoma?
- 5 Steps to Install macOS Ventura on VMware on Windows PC
If you have a macOS Sonoma ISO file, you can create a new virtual machine in VMware or VirtualBox, and mount the macOS Sonoma ISO as the virtual disc drive. Then install macOS Sonoma on that virtual machine. Effectively running a macOS Sonoma within your actual computer. Nevertheless, do not notice whether your actual computer is running Windows, Linux, or another operating system.
How to Create macOS Sonoma ISO Image File for VirtualBox and VMware
macOS Sonoma ISO file is usually needed for installing macOS Sonoma on Vmware or VirtualBox. Moreover, if you are someone having an unsupported Mac, it’s another problem. If you have an unsupported Mac and want to download the macOS Sonoma ISO file you can use the pre-made version.
On the other hand, if your Mac is supported by a macOS Sonoma ISO file you can just follow the steps below and download it yourself.
How to create macOS Sonoma ISO for Virtual Machines on Mac?
The instructions below will help you produce the macOS Sonoma ISO file if you have an extra Mac that can run macOS Sonoma or a macOS virtual machine. Following that, you can use the ISO file as needed to install macOS Sonoma on VMware or VirtualBox for Windows, among other operating systems.
- Download the macOS Sonoma full installer
- Create an empty ISO disk image in Terminal
- Make the macOS Sonoma installer
- Unmount the macOS Sonoma disk image and convert it into the. ISO format
macOS Sonoma final full installer:
|macOS Sonoma Final
|^ For M3 Macs ONLY
|^ For M3 Macs ONLY
|^ For M3 Macs ONLY
Step One: Download the macOS Sonoma full installer
Step 2: Create an empty ISO disk image in Terminal
- Related: 17 New Features of iOS 17?
hdiutil create -o /tmp/Sonoma -size 15979m -volname Sonomaiso -layout SPUD -fs HFS+J -type UDTO -attach
In addition, t
Here’s a breakdown of the command:
- hdiutil create: This initiates the creation of a new disk image.
- -o /tmp/Sonoma: The -o option specifies the output file’s location and name. /tmp/Sonoma is the path where the new disk image will be created. The file will be temporarily stored in the system’s /tmp directory with the name “Sonoma.”
- -size 15979m: This sets the maximum size of the disk image to 15979 megabytes.
- -volname Sonomaiso: This assigns the volume name “Sonomaiso” to the disk image.
- –layout SPUD: The -layout option specifies the partition scheme of the disk image. “SPUD” stands for single-partition UDIF (Universal Disk Image Format).
- -fs HFS+J: This designates the file system for the disk image as HFS+ with journaling enabled. HFS+ is a file system commonly used by macOS.
- -type UDTO: This specifies the disk image type as UDTO, which stands for Universal Disk Image Format (UDIF) DVD/CD-R master. This type is often used to create an ISO image that can be burned to CD/DVD.
- -attach: After creating the disk image, the -attach option mounts the new disk image to the file system, making it accessible as if it were a physical disk.
Step 3: Make the macOS Sonoma installer
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sonoma.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia –volume /Volumes/Sonomaiso –nointeraction
- sudo: It is typically used to execute administrative tasks or commands.
- /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sonoma.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia: This is the path to the createinstallmedia command located inside the macOS Sonoma installer package, which is usually located in the /Applications directory. The backslashes (\) are escape characters used to handle spaces in the file or directory names in the command line.
- –volume /Volumes/Sonomaiso: This specifies the volume “Sonomaiso” as where the bootable installer will be created.
- –nointeraction: This flag runs the command without requiring user interaction, meaning it won’t prompt the user for confirmations or additional input during execution.
Step 4: Unmount the macOS Sonoma disk image and convert it into the .iso format
mv /tmp/Sonoma.cdr ~/Desktop/Sonoma.iso
Then run the following command to move the macOS Sonoma installer to your desktop and rename the extension from .cdr to .iso:
Lastly, You can share this with your friends or colleagues to benefit from this article.
Not knowing about ISO files is a huge mistake if you want to download or install macOS Sonoma. To install macOS Sonoma you need to learn How to Create macOS Sonoma ISO Image File for Virtual Box and VMware. In this post, we tried our best to teach you about ISO files, ISO files of macOS Sonoma for virtual Machine on Mac