I am sure as excited as I was about WWDC 2023 and the release of macOS Sonoma. Installing macOS Sonoma in my Windows was a dream come true. However, after the installation processes were completed and I got half screen support from Sonoma my interest shrank. I didn’t think this might have a solution but after much research, I found out that that problem could be fixed. I learned how to install VMware tools in macOS Sonoma as a result get full-screen support of macOS Sonoma on your PC.
MacOS Sonoma is one of the latest versions of the OS operating system that was released on WWDC 2023. Sonoma has great features and interesting controlling tools that might surprise you. Sonoma is the 14th version of the macOS operating system. Apple introduced tons of new features from desktop widgets, web apps, new video conferencing features, updated capabilities across the platform, and many more.
Table of Contents
What is VMware Tools?
A collection of utilities and drivers which are called VMware tools enhance the functionality of operating systems in virtual machines. To put it in another way, the features, qualities, and speed of an operating system within your virtual machine are all improved with the aid of these VMware tools. There are some common features as well as mouse integration, and time synchronization, listed below.
- Trouble-finding: besides other features, this feature can figure out the trouble that causes low performance, like recognizing issues such as network connectivity.
- Monitoring & observing: Monitoring in VMware tools can monitor the Central Process Unit or CPU, disc space disc delay, etc.
- Reliability: it is another feature that expresses the reports from the hardware which enhances the performance of the virtual machine.
- Performance-boosting: among other features, this feature can enhance the performance of virtual machines by raising high memory limitation, improving network activities, etc.
Why do you need VMware Tools for installing macOS Sonoma?
Just like all the macOS versions, Sonoma is also not available in Windows and other operating systems other than Mac devices. So to install or download macOS Somnoma to your Linux or Windows operating system you need to have VMware tools.
Moreover, Sonoma is one of the few macOSs that don’t support VMware Full-screen Mode on Windows PCs. If you want to have full experience with macOS Sonoma to enable all the features on your PC must install VMware tools.
It usually happens when you are installing macOS Sonoma on VMware Workstation, the full-screen mode on VMware on your PC is not supported. In this case, you just need to install a little program called VMware tools on your PC that enables you to launch macOS Sonoma in full size on your Windows PC. In addition, you will have access to many features like drag and drop, 128MB Screen-size resolution, and full-screen mode with the aid of these VMware tools.
The process of installing VMware Tools on macOS Sonoma:
Here is the guidance to show step -by -step for the installation of VMware tools on macOS Sonoma. Make sure to follow each step accordingly so that you install this tool successfully.
Also Searched for: [Ultimate Guide] Install macOS Big Sur on VirtualBox on Windows PC
- First, you have to open up your virtual machine, there you will see two slightly blue color texts, and you have to choose the option which is written “Power on this virtual machine”. Click on this option to reach the next step.
- Next, you will see six tabs on the top. You have to select the tab which is written “VM”. Then a small drop-down tab will appear; you have to find out the text which is “Install VMware Tools”. When you find it then click on it to go to step 3.
- In this step, there are two options, and you just need to find the option which is written: “Install VMware tools”. Make sure to double-click on it so that go to the next step.
- Here is an introduction tab that is opened, and there are some texts written on that, and you have to just click on “Continue” which is on the bottom-right side.
- After that, in this tab, the installation tab is opened, and some texts are written you don’t need to read them if you read them no matter what, it is just an instruction. On the bottom right side of the tab, there are two options, you have to select the “Install” option.
- In this step, you can see another tap is opened, and there you have to make a password to install the program, and you need to just enter a password of your own choice and press the button “install Software”. In addition, please keep that password to use in step 9.
- In step seven you can see a warning pop-up that says that system Extension is Blocked. Here you have two options to select, keep in mind that you do not select “ok”, instead you have to select the option which is “Open system Setting”.
- Here you come to the setting, and you can bring alters in each part you wanted, scroll down to the bottom and look for the option “Privacy & Security” Press on the button, and on the right side there is some option that is on or off you have to scroll down the page and look for the text that is “System Software form developer “VMware, Inc.” was blocked from loading.” When you find it, you can see the option “Allow” on the bottom-right side of that text. Click on the “Allow” option.
- In this step, you can come back to the tab written Privacy & Security. You can enter a password that was entered in step 6. And there are two options, you have to select the option “Modify Setting” and press that option.
- Then you have to wait until the installation process successfully ends. You can see that text that tells you the process has been accomplished. Then you can see two options in the bottom -right hand. You have to click on the option “Restart” and press the button on it. By doing that you can restart your PC to reboot the Virtual machine on macOS Sonoma.
Yes, that’s it! These were all the steps you have taken step-by-step to install this program. Now you have to have full-resolution screen mode on your workstation. You have now access to all the features. So enjoy what this technology has provided for you.
Have the best experience of Sonoma after installing the VMware tools on your PC. The process of installing VMware tools in macOS Sonoma. By following the guide above you can complete the process in just a few minutes. You can ask any question related to the topic in the comments section below. Moreover, I love reading your comments, suggestions, and problems that I might solve. Feel free to share your ideas in the comments.