In this article, I will show you how to disable Facetime on your iPhone, iPad, and macOS. Sometimes facetime is automatically getting activate on your iPhone, iPad, or macOS devices which you have set up that. Therefore, if you don’t have the plan to use this feature. And if you don’t want your contacts should be in touch with you by facetime. Then simply you can disable it on your iPhone, iPad, or macOS with some few clicks. And for some reason, people are using much facetime in the current era. For having a conversation or meeting among the people around the world. Facetime can’t be used only to talk between two people, in fact, a group of people can have a huge meeting with each other.
Facetime is a proprietary Videotelephony product feature developed by Apple Inc. And facetime is available on supported iOS and macOS Macintosh computers that run macOS X. Therefore, facetime is a great feature on iOS and macOS computers that simply work with a forward-facing camera. And the facetime audio version is only available on the iOS device that supports iOS 7 or newer. However, facetime bought the name of facetime communication, on 2010 facetime announced by Apple Inc on the time of iPhone 4. And facetime is a small tool which already installed on iOS and macOS devices.
Why you should Disable Facetime
Sometimes for security issues, we are afraid of our files or documents we must to disable the facetime. In 2019 a team of facetime bug captured that let a caller should listen to your calls on your iPhone, iPad, or macOS. While the people were attending the calls that time the team of facetime bug starts attacking. But now there are no worries that issue is fixed.
However, again if you are not sure about facetime security. You can disable your account from facetime, after that, you will not receive any call from facetime contacts. Now be sure that there isn’t any security error on facetime, the team of facetime they have worked any fixed each and everything.
How to Disable Facetime on iPhone, iPad, and macOS
However, before getting started to this process I want to aware you that while disabling facetime from your iPhone, iPad, and macOS. It means that you deactivated the facetime and you will not receive any kind of notification from facetime contacts. But the one who is calling to you, for them it seems you are online but you are not attending the call.
- If you want to disable facetime on your iPhone, iPad then navigates to Settings app of your iPhone or iPad and find out the facetime app.
- For the disabling the facetime, therefore, you can tap on the toggle, while the toggle is getting green the facetime is on. And while the toggle is getting white the facetime is off.
- While disabling the facetime you will be asked for some security options. Like you have entered your multiple phone numbers and email addresses, remember that you can’t disable your phone number from facetime.
How to Disable Facetime on your macOS
However, the procedure of disabling the facetime on macOS is a bit easy then iPhone and iPad. Also, there are two different ways to disable the facetime on your macOS. The first one is by launching the facetime App directly on your macOS. And the second one is by launching the spotlight search bar and by typing the facetime.
- After that, the facetime is opened go to the top menu bar and click on “Facetime” then click on “Preferences”.
- While the preferences launched, now go ahead and uncheck the “Enable this account” option.
- However, while you unchecked enable this account. And close the window, then now you can disable the facetime by clicking on facetime option from the top menu bar. And by clicking on “Turn Off Facetime” or you can use the shortcut key pressing Command+K will disable the facetime.
However, now the facetime disables on your iPhone, iPad, and macOS. Therefore, now there isn’t any worry about receiving any kind of call notification from facetime call. Again I recommend you if you are using facetime for a conference or meeting. But you are not sure about security then easily you can use hangouts, Skype or any other social media. Hope you enjoyed reading this article if you enjoyed then share your suggestion and comments in below comment section. And subscribe to your Blog via your email address.