With the release date of macOS Catalina, 10.15 Xcode 11 beta also released. At the current time to test macOS Catalina on VirtualBox or VMware Workstation. Besides that, if you are a developer to develop any kind of App for macOS or Windows. But the bad news there are different tools for Windows Microsoft to develop any App, but Xcode is not available for Windows. Because of the software which we install on macOS, we can’t install on Windows. Also, most of the developers who develop Apps are interested to use the world number developer tool XCode. Unfortunately, they are a Windows user and the XCode app isn’t exist for Windows. Now worries certainly we taken out the solution to install XCode on Windows. Don’t be frustrated at this point that you can’t install XCode on Windows.
There are multiple ways that you can install XCode on Windows with a platform. To get started you need some effort to access XCode on Windows. As I mentioned for you with the release date of macOS Catalina Apple release XCode 11. Indeed XCode 11 includes interesting features. Like SwiftUI, MiniMap, Rich Documentation, Swift Package Manager, Inline Diff, Transform iPad Apps to Mac, Debugging and Simulators. However, XCode with its significant features is available now in the Mac App Store. If you don’t have a Mac computer to install XCode on that. Then you can install on the guest operating system of macOS on VirtualBox or VMware. Before that, you have to install macOS Catalina on VMware or install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox. Follow the full instruction on how to install XCode on macOS Catalina 10.15 on Windows PC.
XCode 11 latest version includes the following new features
- SwiftUI: This year one of the latest announcements for Xcode 11 is SwiftUI, the best option for creating layout easily with swift codes. However, SwiftUI shows us the real interface of an App. Adding animations and stuff has gone easy with SwiftUI.
- MiniMap: The beautiful look of XCode 11 is on Minimap that appears on the left-handed of the window. It allows the developer to quickly go to the specific part of the coding. This feature is available in some other editor software but newly added to XCode 11.
- Rich Documentation: This part of the feature in XCode 11 looks awesome. Also, the mark hyphen looks better with bolder text. That allows more text to be visible on the screen, it can give a positive effect.
- Swift Package Manager: Waiting is enough, to add the third-party libraries independencies. With the release of XCode 11 introduced a separate built-in manager for XCode. To have this feature go to Swift Packages, Add Swift packages.
- Inline Diff: XCode 11 improved to UI to show changes on each line of code based on version control.
- Transform iPad Apps to Mac: XCode one of the latest and awesome feature is to turn easily iPad Apps fro Mac natively. You can do this by project navigator.
- Debugging and Simulators: Now iOS Simulator is working faster then the previous version of XCode. Metal frameworks can be tested on iOS 13 and tvOS 13. iOS 13 dark theme is a game-changer, during debugging iOS it will automatically turn light mode to dark mode.
What is XCode?
Install macOS Catalina on VMware & VirtualBox
When everything is possible like installing XCode on Windows PC. Also, you installed macOS Catalina on any Virtualization platform then install XCode on it. It is a great chance to install XCode on it. Through this line below you will get the idea on how to install macOS Catalina on VMware Workstation & VirtualBox. However, there are two separate places where you can install macOS Catalina. Whether you want to install macOS Catalina 10.15 on VMware Workstation. Or whether you want to install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows PC.
There are different virtual machine like VMware Workstation, VirtualBox, Hyper-V. But as I experienced the virtualization installation VMware & VirtualBox is perfect. Both of them are working professionally on Windows PC to run another OS as a guest operating system. The method of installation macOS Catalina on VMware & VirtualBox is the same there aren’t any differences using the VMDK File. But there are separate ways if you use the ISO File of macOS Catalina.
We have done the installation of macOS Catalina perfectly except XCode. On the other hand, you can run multiple Apps of macOS Catalina on a Virtual machine on Windows PC. However, we covered all the files plus installation to make your work easy.
- How to Install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows PC [New Method]
- Install macOS Catalina on VMware on Windows PC [New Method]
Install XCode on macOS Catalina 10.15 on Windows PC
When you installed macOS Catalina 10.15 on Virtual machine. Then Power on the virtual machine. When you entered the macOS Catalina window click on the Apple Mac App Store. Once the App Store opened on the left-handed search bar type XCode and hit enter.
Once the XCode opened click on Get option
When you clicked on Get, the install button will appear so click on it
Now you will be required to login with your Apple ID to install XCode. Enter your Apple ID and password then click Sign in.
Wait until macOS Catalina should download XCode, for the downloading you need a nice internet connection. And the size of XCode is 7.81 GB.
Once the downloading finished it will automatically start installing
When the installation completed click Open
Once the XCode launched, you will need to agree with the terms and conditions of it. Click on the Agree button then enter the password and click OK.
Installing the important components of XCode wait until it should complete
Once the components installed successfully, the main window of XCode will open. Now go ahead and start XCode on Windows PC.
That’s it enjoy using XCode on Windows PC by installing macOS Catalina 10.15 on Virtual machines. If you are in trouble of installing macOS Catalina or XCode installation process on Windows PC. Feel free to share your problem below in the comment section. We are happy about listening to your problem in the comment section.