After that, macOS Catalina 10.15 OS comes out with a bunch of new features in 2019. It can be one of the perfect and professional operating systems for Mac users with all those plenty of updated features than the previous version of macOS. Apple focused on this update of the macOS operating system due to brought many changes into old features. Besides the new features which be nominated as Apple sidecar, music changes. Apple announced the new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11, Pro Max with iOS 13. On the 10th of September Apple is about to finalize there a new operating system called macOS Catalina 10.15. That time only the beta version was released in public but now the full version is available for users.
Have you tried to install macOS Catalina 10.15 on VirtualBox in a simple way, or install macOS Catalina 10.15 on VMware Windows PC Pro? Using the VMDK file of macOS Catalina 10.15. And have you installed macOS Catalina 10.15 on PC-Hackintosh. Also, we can install the macOS operating system on Windows PC using VMware Workstation, or VirtualBox. And Mac users can install Windows, Ubuntu, Kali Linux, Zorin OS, using VMware Fusion, VirtualBox, and Parallels desktop. But this post guide is different than the other guides, in the previous post we were using macOS Catalina VMDK files to install on VMware and VirtualBox. But here we use the macOS Catalina ISO file to install on VMware uniquely.
Install macOS Catalina 10.15 on VMware on Windows PC
- Install VMware Workstation Pro: Before every step, you need the prepare the requirements of VMware where you need to install an operating system. Also, you need to download whether VMware Workstation or Player. More VMware is not available in a free version but you can use it for 30 days as a trial. If you want to use it for a lifetime in that case you need to purchase and pay money for that.
- Download macOS Catalina ISO File: When you have and installed VMware Workstation on your PC. Then you need to download the ISO file of macOS Catalina. The ISO file of macOS Catalina prepared for both virtual machine VMware and VirtualBox. There aren’t any differences between that. For the procedure of this installation, we use the macOS Catalina ISO file, because the ways of installation changed. Also, macOS Catalina ISO file is compressed with WinRAR, and uploaded in (Google Drive) in “7 Part” and “One Part”. Here’s How to Create macOS Catalina ISO
- Install VMware Unlocker Tool: When you installed VMware Workstation after creating a new virtual machine you will see the Mac OS X option does not exist in the list. By patching a small command of cmd file the macOS option will appear. After you can install macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave, or any other version of macOS. The latest version of the VMware Unlocker tool is uploaded in Google Drive.
- Download and Install macOS Unlocker on Vmware Workstation
Important Guide: Before going to patch the VMware patch tool close the VMware Workstation.
Open the VMware Unlocker tool and right-click on Win-install file, then Run as administrator. After that, a black screen will appear. Wait for that to complete after completion the window will close automatically.
Create a new Virtual machine
It is time to create a new virtual machine for a new method of macOS Catalina installation. Go ahead open VMware Workstation and click on create a new virtual machine.
Here select the Typical (Recommended) option and click next.
While the guest operating system window appeared, then select the option I will install the operating system later.
In the window of selecting the guest operating system, select the “Apple Mac OS X” and the version “macOS 10.15” then click next.
Give a name for the virtual machine, then customize the location where you want to place the macOS Catalina.
Specify or customize the capacity for macOS Catalina installation, after that, select the first option “Store virtual disk as a single file”. Remember that as much you choose more that much it can be beneficial for the installation performance. At least you have to choose 20 GB, less GB’s possible to face low storage space during the installation.
Now it’s the last step, and ready to create a virtual machine for macOS Catalina on VMware. Click Finish to create the virtual machine.
Edit and customize the VMware settings for macOS Catalina
Before to start the installation you need some customization or edition, for high-speed performance installation.
To edit the settings click on “Edit the virtual machine” or right-click and select settings.
After the setting window appeared then navigate to the hardware tab then select “Processors”. And increase the “Number of processor” plus the “Number of core processors”.
Select CD/DVD (SATA) on “Device status” select the third option “Use ISO image file” then click on “Browse…”. After that, choose the macOS Catalina ISO file then click “Open”.
Click on “USB Controller” and select the “USB compatibility” “USB 3.0” and click OK.
Edit VMX file: VMX file is a complete property for macOS operating system inside VMware Workstation/VMware Player. Without VMX edition I think you are unable to install any macOS operating system on VMware. Such as if you got the idea about VirtualBox code, before installation we copy and paste the code using command prompt.
Note: Before going to insert the VMX code (Smc.version = “0”) close the VMware Workstation.
Open the folder where you have chosen to store macOS Catalina on that, then find “macOS.VMX“. And right-click select “Open with” Notepad.
Scroll down to the last part of the codes in notepad then type there (Smc.version = “0”) and using the option save the file. In case if it didn’t work type (Smc.version = 0 ) and save the file.
Perform a clean installation of macOS Catalina on VMware
Open the VMware Workstation Pro and select the created virtual machine then hit on “Power on this virtual machine”. After that, wait for the first Apple logo to bypass.
Select your language then press continue.
Choose “Disk Utility” then press continue.
Select the created disk which you have done in step #6, then click Erase button, Give a name for macOS, Format should be Mac OS Extended (Journaled), also scheme should be GUID Partition MAP. Then finally, click the Erase button to erase the selected disk and prepare for installing macOS Catalina.
Note: Don’t worry at this step, you will only erase the space which you created for macOS Catalina on VMware. The other disk files will remain.
After that, the disk erased click done and close the disk utility window.
Now click on Install macOS then press the continue button.
To set up the installation of macOS Catalina on VMware, click continue.
Agree to the terms and conditions of macOS Catalina by pressing the agree button for two times.
Select the disk which you erased to install macOS Catalina, and press install.
macOS Catalina installation will take some time so be patient until the macOS Catalina installation complete. After that, the installation is completed the virtual machine will restart automatically.
While the virtual machine restarted wait for the next step to complete the full installation process.
Install macOS Catalina 10.15 on VMware on Windows PC
Once again the virtual machine will restart when it restarted select your language and click continue.
- Select your written and spoken language then click continue.
- On Data & Privacy simply click continue.
- Choose don’t transfer any information right now then click continue.
- Click sign up later and click skip.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of macOS Catalina pressing two times to agree on the button.
- Create a computer account by filling the full name, account name, password, and hint then click continue.
- On express set up, click continue.
- Again on analytics click continue.
- And on the screen time click continue.
- Choose your look theme and click continue.
- Finally, macOS Catalina with the new method successfully installed on VMware Workstation. After login to macOS Catalina, the notification of its new update will appear. If you want to update click install, if don’t then click later option.
Install VMware tools
To use more features of macOS Catalina 10.15 on VMware Workstation. You have to install VMware tools, also VMware tools allow you to use the full-screen mode on VMware.
Click VM from the top tab of VMware then click install VMware tools, after that, the VMware tools appear on the screen. Then double click on install VMware tools to launch the setup.
On the welcome screen of VMware tools, the installer click continues.
Now click on the install button, after clicking you will face a warning message. Just by pressing the continue installation button you will go ahead.
Here type your username plus password then click on install software.
After clicking install software wait for some minutes. Then automatically you will face a pop-up of system extension blocked, click on Open security preferences.
Click on the yellow lock icon then type your username password and click unlock.
Now click the allow button to install the VMware tools and allow through the security and preferences of macOS Catalina.
On the legacy system extension simply click OK.
It is the summary step and the installation is completed click the Restart button.
After that, you come back to macOS Catalina home screen you will see again the warning pop-up of system extension blocked. Again click on Open security preferences.
Click on the yellow lock icon then type the username password. And click unlock, after that, once again click Allow.
Once you allowed the VMware tools, restart the virtual machine. Again coming back to macOS Catalina check that the screen resolution size of 1920×1080 is working properly or not. If not then one more time you have to install the VMware tools.
That’s all about 6 STEP: Install macOS Catalina 10.15 on VMware on Windows PC. I hope you have gotten something from this article, again if you faced any kind of problem shares your comment in the comment section. We are ready to give a response to each of your questions and feedback. Also, you can subscribe through your email address to hear about our latest post update.